IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

There's a whole bunch of messages regarding it. This is the one I posted at the same time I announced the first sale here.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TI994A/conversations/messages/8984

What's your username there? I can check your notification options if you'd like.

Gazoo

What the...? I read the group by e-mail only, and all messages BUT THAT ONE came through! It doesn't show in "Conversations" either, neither in "Messages" nor in "Topics"! And I can't reply to it! I am Juan Castro there. (Woody Woodpecker avatar.) I just started a new topic there.

I found a quirk with the cart:

When used with the Navarone Widget multicart selector, this cart gets selected regardless of where the switch is and what other carts are on the Widget. I tried it with two different Widgets, and the result was the same. The Widgets work just fine when the Suite cart is not installed.

Any clues as to why?

That is an issue specific to the ÜberGROM board itself. It does not like Widgets. We looked for a way to make it work with a Widget, but found no solution that would do the trick properly. See the notes on this from Tursi in the 512K cartridge thread (we're adding this note to the ÜberGROM manual as well). It is the only incompatibility we've found to date for the ÜberGROM board.

Edited by Ksarul

I found a quirk with the cart:

When used with the Navarone Widget multicart selector, this cart gets selected regardless of where the switch is and what other carts are on the Widget. I tried it with two different Widgets, and the result was the same. The Widgets work just fine when the Suite cart is not installed.

Any clues as to why?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was told NOT to use the widget with the XB2.7s cart, but since the cart has so much stuff on it, I really don't have to switch carts much, except for Multiplan and when I want to use my Super Cart.

Yes, do NOT use a Widget with the ubergrom -- or rather, use it at your own risk. The design of the Widget is such that the UberGROM and any other GROM selected will both drive the lines at the same time. We could not come up with a reasonable circuit to work around this, as the Widget only switches the -5v on and off to the GROM, rather than something useful like GROM select. (If someone can come up with a good simple circuit to convert presence or absence of -5v into something positive that the AVR can detect, we can add that. The main wrinkle is there is leakage from the reset circuit even when the -5v is not selected, I couldn't make it go, even with an optoisolator.)

Anyway, people are fairly comfortable with overriding the console GROMs, we know what is there and it's well tested, but we don't know what is on other cartridges. You may damage the other GROMs. Worse, if the other cartridges contain another GROM simulator of any type, there is strong likelihood that both cartridges will drive the GROM lines at full strength at the same time, and this likely WILL damage one or the other (and possibly the console).

No widgets! ;)

• Like 3

Yes, do NOT use a Widget with the ubergrom -- or rather, use it at your own risk. The design of the Widget is such that the UberGROM and any other GROM selected will both drive the lines at the same time. We could not come up with a reasonable circuit to work around this, as the Widget only switches the -5v on and off to the GROM, rather than something useful like GROM select. (If someone can come up with a good simple circuit to convert presence or absence of -5v into something positive that the AVR can detect, we can add that. The main wrinkle is there is leakage from the reset circuit even when the -5v is not selected, I couldn't make it go, even with an optoisolator.)

Anyway, people are fairly comfortable with overriding the console GROMs, we know what is there and it's well tested, but we don't know what is on other cartridges. You may damage the other GROMs. Worse, if the other cartridges contain another GROM simulator of any type, there is strong likelihood that both cartridges will drive the GROM lines at full strength at the same time, and this likely WILL damage one or the other (and possibly the console).

No widgets! ;)

Good to know... Luckily I didn't damage anything :P

Okay, I cannot lie about this cartridge, and I'm going to give it a BRUTALLY HONEST APPRAISAL.

After having used this cartridge for a while now, and never seeming to remove it (because it does damn near everything) I can truthfully say, "It's the best damn cartridge I've ever owned on the TI-99/4A, PERIOD." That's it! When he makes his next run, you better scarf one up, because I doubt they'll last long.

• Like 1

gallery_29515_833_24561.jpg

The second batch of cartridges is complete. There are a total of 14 cartridges for sale. One per customer. Price is $40, shipping included, to continental US only.

A message is being posted on the TI Yahoo group concurrently with this one.

The cartridges will be sold to the first 14 responders whether the response is from here or the TI Yahoo group.

I can accept Paypal, check or money order.

Gazoo

• Like 1