IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

Hi Gazoo,

Thank you for the quick replies and also the verification process / program!

1. You are right I forgot to test 1x more thing that is to try other consoles with the (in my view) "faulty" chip,

but I am 99% sure it will be the same result.

(as I did test it during the initial stages and also with the original PEB box, when we "lost" the CALL functions)

I need to test that again with the latest software and hardware.

I added the pictures of the different chips sets in the earlier message in the thread.

2. As a few people have this issue.

we still need to find the root-cause (e.g. what is the common factor causing the red page during the GROM verification):

a. chip issue?

b. other hardware configuration issue?

attachicon.gifXBv27 060315.zip

Update to fix problem with recovery program which was causing some people's carts to behave erratically. The update option by holding the equals key upon powerup has been disabled. No functionality has been lost, updating is still done through the normal process. Thanks to those that helped track down the issue.

Gazoo

Gazoo,

Does the dsk image you provided have to be copied bit by bit or can the files be pulled and then xfered over via telco to a 40 track disk and it will work?

Gazoo,

Does the dsk image you provided have to be copied bit by bit or can the files be pulled and then xfered over via telco to a 40 track disk and it will work?

I have used CFHDX to transfer the contents to the TI with no problems, both to a real disk and to the Myarc 512k RAM disk. YMMV.

http://atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=395613

No, yes, cool. :)

Please use the link to the latest disk image above. BASICLOAD seems to work with all devices that respond as DSK1. A couple of old farts fixed it for me. ;) That's important because it allows everyone to recover from a bricked cart.

Gazoo

http://atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=395613

No, yes, cool. :)

Please use the link to the latest disk image above. BASICLOAD seems to work with all devices that respond as DSK1. A couple of old farts fixed it for me. ;) That's important because it allows everyone to recover from a bricked cart.

Gazoo

Great. I'll replace the basicload,gromload from your link onto the latest XB27 i have found which is June 3, 2015 and give it a shot..

XBN v27 suite 061315.zip

I updated the package to reflect the improved BASICLOAD program on the DSK image. Thanks to the dinosaurs that figured out the 'odd device as DSK1' problem and repaired it. ;)

You only need to download this if you need the increased functionality of the BASICLOAD update program.

Gazoo

... because we’re old farts. :P

You’re just trying to get a rise out of Harry and me. :twisted:

...lee

Well................................yea. :)

,...Gerchoo

"Bless you Pebbles!", said Wilma.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gazoo,

1. The BASICLOAD works now (via TI-basic - option Z) also on my system with the nano-PEB,

2. but now does the XB27 + Load does not work (it gives an Bad Argument in 110 error during autoload)

3. but via option B -- TI Writer Grom load works.

For option 1 and 3 all is F6 Green verification.

One question, I am getting confused about the versions:

1. the .zip upload shows 061315XB27.zip

2. inside is a .dsk file for the upgrade called 060715XB27.dsk

3. when pressing F7 it shows May 13, 2015 (with a blue border)

To double check, is this the latest version?

Hi Gazoo,

1. The BASICLOAD works now (via TI-basic - option Z) also on my system with the nano-PEB,

2. but now does the XB27 + Load does not work (it gives an Bad Argument in 110 error during autoload)

The latest version is 4 messages up, message #508.

Hi Gazoo,

I've been getting the error in 110 the last few revisions too including the speech one

I've been getting the error in 110 the last few revisions too including the speech one

Hi Gazoo,

Check the file you're loading in line 110 of the LOAD program. Is it 'GROMLOAD', or the program previously used - 'GROMCFG'.

Check the file you're loading in line 110 of the LOAD program. Is it 'GROMLOAD', or the program previously used - 'GROMCFG'.

so what you are saying is you included the xbasic loader for the old gromcfg and its not finding it since it's not gromload? tested by renaming gromload to gromcfg works ..

so what you are saying is you included the xbasic loader for the old gromcfg and its not finding it since it's not gromload? tested by renaming gromload to gromcfg works ..

It's preferable to just fix the filename in the XBasic loader, rather than have 2 different programs with the same filename.

I shouldn't need to post this, but here it is in case anyone doesn't know how to edit a line in Extended Basic.

XB27SPEECH.dsk

060715XB27.dsk

Gazoo

It's preferable to just fix the filename in the XBasic loader, rather than have 2 different programs with the same filename.

I shouldn't need to post this, but here it is in case anyone doesn't know how to edit a line in Extended Basic.

attachicon.gifXB27SPEECH.dsk

attachicon.gif060715XB27.dsk

Gazoo

Thanks..when it errors it's just garbage no longer a xb program..

Greg

Gazoo

Hi Gazoo/Tursi, just a quick message.

100 FOR TI=0 TO 99

110 CALL SAY("THANK YOU VERY MUCH ADDING SPEECH TO THE XB 27 MODULE !")

120 TI=TI+1

130 NEXT TI

140 PRINT "MY KID SAYS: WHAT IS THAT, THE MODULE IS TALKING?"

(I have not tested if all the other functions work, sometimes the module blanked, but inserting it again fixed it,

I need to test/check that another time)

Edit -->

Here is a thank you video to both Gazoo and Tursi of having XB2.7 and Speech built in!

(play it with Classic99 emulator, select Others and load the module (= rendered video)

http://www.globeron.com/freedownload/services/TI99/RikAndXB27Speech.zip

Edited by globeron
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gazoo

Oh, while you're at it, can you make an 80 track versions of these as well? Thank you! ;) ;)

Edited by wyerd

Oh, while you're at it, can you make an 80 track versions of these as well? Thank you! ;) ;)

That's fairly simple to do Wyerd.

1) Load up Ti99Dir

2) Go to "Files" in the upper left-hand corner and choose "Create new DSK image"

3) Click the circle for DSSD 80 tranck 9 sectors/track 1440 sectors (If you are using a modified TI-FDC)

4) Click next to "Volume label", give it a name then click on "Create"

That's it, now you are done! Just copy everything the the other format disk onto this new image an viola, done... unless you want to turn it into an .hfe file, but that's simple too if needed.

That's fairly simple to do Wyerd.

1) Load up Ti99Dir

2) Go to "Files" in the upper left-hand corner and choose "Create new DSK image"

3) Click the circle for DSSD 80 tranck 9 sectors/track 1440 sectors (If you are using a modified TI-FDC)

4) Click next to "Volume label", give it a name then click on "Create"

That's it, now you are done! Just copy everything the the other format disk onto this new image an viola, done... unless you want to turn it into an .hfe file, but that's simple too if needed.

Reason why I asked are Gazoo's comments about the verification process on this thread here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/238904-extended-basic-27-she-never-calls/?p=3250432