IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

Oh, I did not know you planned to go down that path, which if I'm not mistaken, is the only reason one would need to update to version 2.6. Good Luck!

Nah! Just foolin' around. If that's all the change is, then I'm a happy chappie.

On my old TI Console I had the faster Clock Crystal switch for Normal / Turbo, Reset Switch, CPU Idle Switch, and a Load Interrupter Switch.

With the SAMS 1 Meg of Memory and TIM 9958 Video and more VDP memory then the Geneve it was a kick ass system.

The SCSI Card with 9 Baracuda Drives and Two Horizion RAMDISKS and GRAMKRACKER plus a PGRAM one of a kind was a dream come true.

To bad the only thing still working is the SAMS and SCSI cards. All the rest crapped out.

Quick observation: speech does not work with the Rave99 speech card, only with the external speech synthesizer.

I'm confused. Isn't that the purpose of the Rave99 speech card? Or did you mean the Rave99 by itself? (minus removing an external and placing it on the Rave board)

Mine works quite well.

-Dano

The Rave99 speech card essentially places the speech synthesizer inside the PEB, thus eliminating the need for the standard external synth and saving space. With XB2.7, speech only works when I have the external synth connected. If I replace it with the Rave99 speech card, all I get is random squeaks...

The Rave99 speech card essentially places the speech synthesizer inside the PEB, thus eliminating the need for the standard external synth and saving space. With XB2.7, speech only works when I have the external synth connected. If I replace it with the Rave99 speech card, all I get is random squeaks...

Sounds like you've certainly got something wacky going on there. The cart was partly developed and tested on my 'stock' system, which includes a Rave speech card. Never had any problems with it.

Gazoo

Sounds like you've certainly got something wacky going on there. The cart was partly developed and tested on my 'stock' system, which includes a Rave speech card. Never had any problems with it.

Gazoo

My system consists of an HDX modified RS232 card, an IDE card, SAMS card and a standard TI disk controller. I suppose it is possible that the RS232 or the IDE could be causing issues somehow... My Rave speech card works just fine with regular XB though...

• 1 month later...

Just got my cart from Arcadeshopper -- but I'm having some trouble. It is probably user error, but I figured I would ask. I have a stock machine, so I cannot run much from the main menu. Fctn-7 gives a screen of confetti, as does trying to run XB. Holding down spacebar at start gives the expected options, but attempting to run extended basic just gives a blue/purplish screen. Any suggestions? Or does the current version require 32k and I'll just have to wait until I can snag a NanoPEB? The only thing plugged in aside from the cart is the TI speech synth. (Should I start a new topic? New to the forum, and don't know if being a topic necromancer is okay?)

Edited by Arcane

Hi Arcane, and welcome :)

I think you are very right here :) maybe it take some short time for the right answer.

I am not sure, but I think you need the 32K. But just wait, I am sure the answer will come soon.....

I think digging out and reviving old threads is very nice. Nicer than dumping more and more short threads....

But this is my personal opinion only.

:)

• Like 1

Just got my cart from Arcadeshopper -- but I'm having some trouble. It is probably user error, but I figured I would ask. I have a stock machine, so I cannot run much from the main menu. Fctn-7 gives a screen of confetti, as does trying to run XB. Holding down spacebar at start gives the expected options, but attempting to run extended basic just gives a blue/purplish screen. Any suggestions? Or does the current version require 32k and I'll just have to wait until I can snag a NanoPEB? The only thing plugged in aside from the cart is the TI speech synth. (Should I start a new topic? New to the forum, and don't know if being a topic necromancer is okay?)

You need 32k ram expansion for the cartridge.

That function definitely worked perfectly before the modification to add BOOT functionality, so that may be where the (apparent) regression crept in. It may also have been an unavoidable consequence of the BOOT mod--but I think the only one who can answer this one for sure is Gazoo, as he knows what he had to do to make BOOT work straight from the cartridge.

• 1 year later...