IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

• 3 months later...

Wondering if someone can comment on how to load boot into the cart? I am about to make a EB 2.7s cart tonight... as I need one for my second system. Would LOVE to have the 80 col boot happening on it. Possible? I have tried to save boot into the 2.7 cart I have, but it always locks up at the Save to DSK1. prompt after answering yes to the SAVE to 2.7 GROM prompt.

Edited by aftyde

Hi Gents,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have all the parts for the XB27 Suite cart and am looking at four files. I have the Atmega 1284p and the AT49F040 chips and am fairly good with the Minipro if docs are handy... :)

XB27 Suite 128k Flash 060315.bin

XB27 Suite 512k Rom 060315.bin

XB27 Suite 060315.mpj

XB27 Suite EEprom 060315.bin

Some quick questions... what is the .mpj file? Is this the latest and greatest? Anyone have a 80 track update diskette (if I need it)

Just not sure what files to load into which chip? Is there a step by step somewhere???

Down to my last 1284p and I don't want to mess it up... :) Apologies for the basic questions - I did scour the forum in advance - lots of bread crumbs but no trail!

Cheers, Arthur...

Hi Arthur, there are three data files that are important to you (and one that can be useful, but which I tend not to use). You absolutely need these three files:

XB27 Suite 128k Flash 060315.bin

XB27 Suite 512k Rom 060315.bin

XB27 Suite EEprom 060315.bin

The mpj file is what is called a project file.Takes the Atmel files and loads them appropriately (you still have to do the 512K Flash file for the 49F040 separately).

I use the attached set of instructions from Gazoo. He generally didn't use the project files, so to keep with his instructions, I usually don't either (and it isn't all that more involved either).

Programming with the MiniPro programmer.pdf

• Like 1

Hey Jim...

Were all the issues with reflashing settled?

I have an older version that Tony sent me in the mail. I have never tried reflashing because of all the issues that folks were having with the process.

I re-read the thread but never saw a definitive smoking gun. Maybe I missed it.

• Like 1

Just a side note - I have been buying the parts (arcadeshopper for the boards), eBay for the chips - I figure the tribal knowledge on how to make carts should be widespread even though I still consider myself a total n00b...

Edited by aftyde

• 2 years later...
How are the UBERGROM images of the XB 2.7 Suite actually put together and what tools are being used for this development?
I ask because I use the NANO PEB and for the program CF2K in version 2.5 would be the better tool for it.
Only I do not know, how the program Compact Flash HDXS can be changed and whether that is possible at all.
Perhaps the tools under points E, L, M, N are no longer required and the free space could be used for other requests / suggestions.

Perhaps the tools under points E, L, M, N are no longer required and the free space could be used for other requests / suggestions.

I dunno, << Extended BASIC 2.7S >> was one of the final things Gazoo, one of our most beloved members, gave to the community before he passed on.

Even if it could be tweaked, it may be difficult finding someone willing to screw with his masterpiece.

It may be easier to simply get a FinalGROM 99 and download the program.

• Like 2

I dunno, << Extended BASIC 2.7S >> was one of the final things Gazoo, one of our most beloved members, gave to the community before he passed on.

Even if it could be tweaked, it may be difficult finding someone willing to screw with his masterpiece.

It may be easier to simply get a FinalGROM 99 and download the program.

Thanks for the answer. I own the FG99 and have also saved the CF2K program on one of NANOPEB's DISK volumes.

This all works fine.

The only thought came to me in recent days when I burned the XB 2.7 Suite and RXB2015 software onto UberGrom-Cartridges.

I would like to run the RXB2015 software and the tools or games on a cartridge.

For this I would have to know how the creation of the individual images.BIN works.

I know that is not an easy thing and probably requires knowledge that I do not have.

It was just such a thought.

The GF99 from RB is one of the best expansion for the TI.

Almost all modules, disks and other software can be stored on it and all work without changing the cartridge

Thanks for the answer. I own the FG99 and have also saved the CF2K program on one of NANOPEB's DISK volumes.

This all works fine.

The only thought came to me in recent days when I burned the XB 2.7 Suite and RXB2015 software onto UberGrom-Cartridges.

I would like to run the RXB2015 software and the tools or games on a cartridge.

For this I would have to know how the creation of the individual images.BIN works.

I know that is not an easy thing and probably requires knowledge that I do not have.

It was just such a thought.

The GF99 from RB is one of the best expansion for the TI.

Almost all modules, disks and other software can be stored on it and all work without changing the cartridge

You can right click (or the equivalent) and do paste as plain text to make your posts a readable font.

Nothing would be wrong with building upon his legacy.

• Like 2

The FG99 from RB is one of the best expansion for the TI.

Total agreement there! I have 98% of everything I use on the FG99,except data used with some programs and a couple of things in the BETA development stage.

I have snippets of code that Tony may have used to create the XB27 cart (BOOT loader, some dsrlnk stuff) but none of the menu or file images. I strongly suspect that he created the images on his PC using MESS and other tools. I do have an old copy of his MESS hard drive image but alas there is neither code for XB27 nor the other cartridges images he created.

If his menus were built like those from earlier projects (and I think this likely) the concept is simple: show a menu, get a selection, and branch to a routine with hard-coded data moves from the rom banks to ram. Changing a few of the entries is theoretically possible if they fell into the same 8k boundaries, and past programs show that he didnt try to smash the data together for simplicity.

• Like 4