IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

The cartridges will be sold to the first 14 responders whether the response is from here or the TI Yahoo group

I want one. Love the label!

Looks to me like acadiel was one of the first 14 responders, unless there were 14 people on the Yahoo sides that spoke up before this posting..

Maybe Gazoo misunderstood *want*. People *want* a lot of things, but can't have them for various reasons. I *want* many things, but I never commited to buying them..

Edited by slinkeey

Looks to me like acadiel was one of the first 14 responders, unless there were 14 people on the Yahoo sides that spoke up before this posting..

Maybe Gazoo misunderstood *want*. People *want* a lot of things, but can't have them for various reasons. I *want* many things, but I never commited to buying them..

Yes, people's definitions of 'want' vary. Acadiel was certainly as one of the first 14 people to respond to the announcement. The Announcement was made at 10:59 AM on Saturday. At 11:31 AM, Acadiel posted "I want one. Love the label!". At 11:39 AM I sent him a PM indicating the different ways to pay and please let me know ASAP what he wanted to do if he really wanted a cartridge. There was no response from Acadiel all day. At 9:23 PM I announced that the cartridges had all been sold after communicating with people and getting commitments from them. Those commitments varied from "Payment sent!" to "I'll put a check in the mail Monday." to "I have to deposit some money in my Paypal account on Monday. I'll pay then." It takes several messages back and forth for a commitment to be made by both sides, as all who purchased cartridges accomplished in a timely, mature manner. Kudos to those that did. All those commitments were honored and all cartridges have been mailed, some before receiving payment. There was no communication from Acadiel all day Sunday, either. Finally Acadiel responded to my PM on Monday Morning at 7:36 AM indicating he wanted a cartridge and was going to send payment via his bank's bill pay system. I responded that all the cartridges had been sold, and I'd be taking 17 more to the Chicago Faire, he could get one there or have someone pick one up for him if he wasn't going. That's when he went off the deep end, and publicly to boot.

Those are the facts. I feel I have nothing to apologize for, even though I said I was sorry several times that Acadiel was not able to buy a cartridge. I've even gone out of my way to offer to send him programmed chips and a label for free as he is in possession of a cartridge board. I've gotten no response from him.

So there are 2 sides to every story. Choose to believe the rants of an angry person who made themselves that way due to their actions or lack thereof, or believe the facts as I've presented them and understand that I've gone out of my way to assist this person.

Sincerely,

Gazoo

• Like 3

I am curious about the name, "Extended Basic v2.7 Suite". I have so many questions, so I will just list them out.

1. Why the name? Why not "Super Multi-Utilities" or something like that?

2. Why not "Extended Basic Suite v2.7" or without the version number altogether?

3. Why is it v2.7? What happened to the other versions?

4. Why is it "Basic" and not "BASIC"?

Darryl

I am curious about the name, "Extended Basic v2.7 Suite". I have so many questions, so I will just list them out.

1. Why the name? Why not "Super Multi-Utilities" or something like that?

2. Why not "Extended Basic Suite v2.7" or without the version number altogether?

3. Why is it v2.7? What happened to the other versions?

4. Why is it "Basic" and not "BASIC"?

Darryl

1. Well it started out with my wanting to make a cartridge of the Extended Basic version I've been working on for the past 25 years. I finally got it working in a cartridge and realized there was room for a whole lot more stuff, hence the "Suite".

2. Because it's Extended Basic v2.7 and a host of other programs.

3. The first version was actually on my first Pgram Utilities disk and was just a modification to the Extended Basic cart with a few extra commands. I forget what I even called it as it was so long ago. The first stand alone version was v2.1, which added a few more commands. Same for v2.2. At v2.3 & v2.4 it became 2 separate entities, odd numbers for the TI version & even numbers for the Geneve version. The Geneve version has Geneve-specific commands that would probably lock up a TI or send it into never-never land. Same routine for v2.5 & 2.6, I think floppy disk formatting was added at this point. v2.7 was at the request of a TI'er to add Quad Density formatting for DSK2. I never did a v2.8 with the Quad Density formatting as no one has ever asked for it in the Geneve version. So the next TI version, if there is ever one will be v2.9. It's doubtful that will come to pass as there are only a few bytes here and there of Grom memory left.

4. All the menu entries start with a capital letter and the rest lowercase. It's just nice. :)

Gazoo

Reading through the manual now (can you tell I am excited to be getting this?) I just saw the CALL HELP command and I think it is fantastic! Thanks for including that one.

Oh, and I see typo under CALL SSSD "format" misspelled as "ofrmat".

Darryl

Thanks, I saw the misspelling a couple of weeks ago. I think I'll leave it. It's part of what makes us special, nobody's prefect. :)

Gazoo

• Like 1

I’ve received your cartridge today, and just tried to play on both of TI’s I have, and looks like it’s not working, only 2 applications worked the letter’s C and P,

all others just got scrambled characters on screen or color artifacts, is any special trick or any mod’s on the TI’s to make it work ?

I’ve received your cartridge today, and just tried to play on both of TI’s I have, and looks like it’s not working, only 2 applications worked the letter’s C and P,

all others just got scrambled characters on screen or color artifacts, is any special trick or any mod’s on the TI’s to make it work ?

That's the sort of behavior I would expect with no 32k card present. Is your 32k working?

All cartridges were tested and loaded every selection before being shipped.

Do you get the Games menu when you press the spacebar? That's loaded in the >A000 memory area during the initialization process.

You can do an easy test on your system by plugging in an E/A cart and loading the Editor or Assembler. If both work, your 32k card is probably ok.

If so, and you'd like to have your cart tested more thoroughly, you can return it and I'll put it through it's paces.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

Haven't tried it yet? That should have been the first thing you did when you came home!

Thats a CRIME! 10 years, hard labor, typing on a ...... TS1000!

Pfah. VIC-20 keyboard? Quite a bit more desireable than the 4A keyboard, frankly. Now, you really want to punish him, put him on an Atari 400 keyboard... or a 99/4!!