IGNORED

I just got an Atari 5200!

Urchin

Here that boyz??! His controllers work!

Yeeeeehaaawwww!!

Now turn it off and get a 7800. The 5200 is a large unit great for setting a 7800 on top. And probably enough room for your jr and a few games..

Ok I am just jealous cause I dont have one and this was just to raz u guys..

《☆☆Congrats Urchin!☆☆》

Dont forget to pick up an atarimax cart and play all the awesome homebrew and conversions. These 5200 guys have a ton O games!!

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 2

This is the 5200 and Pac-Man. The controller is probably one of the better working 5200 controllers. I'm definitely going to get some more games and a Wico if I can find a place to get one. Is the Trakball worth getting? What is the SD?

Someone also pointed out I am one of the very few people to even own a 5200, and probably the youngest at age 19. Interesting...

• Like 1

Is the Trakball worth getting? What is the SD?

Someone also pointed out I am one of the very few people to even own a 5200, and probably the youngest at age 19. Interesting...

The trakball is totally worth getting! Missile Command and Centipede...heck, even Galaxian and Super Breakout play infinitely better for me with that trakball. It's one of the better controllers that have been made for any system. And it's as big as my 7800! :lol:

The Ultimate SD cartridge is a cart that has a slot for SD cards in it. You just load your SD card with 5200 ROMs and plug it in the cart, then stick the cart in your 5200. The entire library is available to you on one cart with a nice menu. I have one and it's the only cart I use. It's a little spendy, but as I say, it gives you the entire 5200 library in one shot. You can have a look at it over here.

Congratulations on your pick-up! She's a great machine. Overlooked by many, but greatly loved by those of us who have been taken over by her giant, star destroyer-like bulk. Hope you enjoy it!

Congratulations on getting the 5200!! The system looks nice and clean! It's a shame the system was under appreciated due to the controllers wearing out. Easy fix if they do. Just open them up and use alcohol on a qtip to rub off the carbon residue from the silicone dots. In case they do wear out. Get some refurbished controllers from Best Electronics. You won't regret it!! The gold silicone dots and gold flex circuits are placed inside. Get the ultimate SD cart too! Kangaroo, Space Invaders, Robotron 2084, and Berserk are my favorites!! Hope you enjoy it! :-)

• Like 1

This is the 5200 and Pac-Man. The controller is probably one of the better working 5200 controllers. I'm definitely going to get some more games and a Wico if I can find a place to get one. Is the Trakball worth getting? What is the SD?

Dan Kramer's 5200 Trak-Ball Controller is one of the best controllers of all time for consoles. You should definitely get one! That alone makes owning a 5200 worth it.

Crazy enough, it even works with Pole Position. But you'll want it especially for Centipede and Missile Command. The commercial releases of those games for the 2600 do not offer native trak-ball support but the 5200 versions do!

Congrats!

• Like 1

Crazy enough, it even works with Pole Position. But you'll want it especially for Centipede and Missile Command. The commercial releases of those games for the 2600 do not offer native trak-ball support but the 5200 versions do!

Congrats!

I never cared for the Trak-Ball for Pole Position, but it's actually pretty great with Galaxian and Space Invaders.

• Like 1

I agree, it's bonkers to use it for Pole Position but I wanted to mention it since the code is present in the game to support it.

Well, for completion's sake, I guess we should mention that you can play Defender with the trakball, too. I mean, if you like that sort of thing. I actually thought it was a neat idea...until I tried it out and realized how it's even more frenetic than with the joystick.