IGNORED

Huge trash find of vintage video game boxes

OriginalPSP

Why does this matter?

Just let it go, there are always some people who are skeptical and there are always people, that are pissed off that they didn't win the lottery. It's the internet. ;)

My personal opinion is, you should have a nice gift basket and some flowers delivered to the lady. Karma. :cool:

• Like 4

Updates:

Checked with eBay about their international shipping calculations and all the auctions should now reflect a lower rate (and slower delivery). All around, while they've never given me concern over calculating shipping themselves I may avoid that option with the next batch and post shipping prices the old fashioned manual way.

For right now, the international rates should show lower and if they do not by the end of the day I'll poke eBay with a stick.

Also posted video shot when I arrived at my friend's place to check out the stash -

Direct e-mail or reaching out via eBay would be the best way to reach me until Monday if I can be of any help.

My personal opinion is, you should have a nice gift basket and some flowers delivered to the lady. Karma. :cool:

Something like that would be a pretty classy footnote to the story.

Checked with eBay about their international shipping calculations and all the auctions should now reflect a lower rate (and slower delivery). All around, while they've never given me concern over calculating shipping themselves I may avoid that option with the next batch and post shipping prices the old fashioned manual way.

eBay's shipping calculations are terrible, at least from Canada they are often completely wrong, and it shows shipping services that don't even exist which is confusing. Most people seem to go with fixed cost shipping to popular locations, and another fixed cost for "everywhere else". Giving shipping quotes and refunds gets old quickly.

Edited by galax

Condition seems to be key for sure. For the record, I had private offers for higher on two, but overall eBay is working out better for me across the board.

31 more auctions end tomorrow night, then I'm planning a massive listing frenzy Wednesday night... then maybe a few weeks before I continue.

Huge thank you to everyone who gave advice and/or bids. Just getting started.

Condition seems to be key for sure. For the record, I had private offers for higher on two, but overall eBay is working out better for me across the board.

31 more auctions end tomorrow night, then I'm planning a massive listing frenzy Wednesday night... then maybe a few weeks before I continue.

Huge thank you to everyone who gave advice and/or bids. Just getting started.

Yea, I thought Q*bert Qubes would go for $400+. But overall, like you said, good prices! :thumbsup:

Just let it go, there are always some people who are skeptical and there are always people, that are pissed off that they didn't win the lottery. It's the internet. ;)

Shouldn't this thread have been moved to auction central??? :mad:

…actually, I just couldn't find anything else to complain about that was even remotely valid! :lolblue: Best of luck to the OP on the rest of the auctions. I am truly happy for you!

• Like 1

If u post on the forum to sell on ebay when there is a free thread to sell in here. Then yer an idiot! Post yer goods here free advertise the crap out of it and get minimum the asking price u set. Donate your ebay fees to al to support the site. Or just keep yer find to yerself. And say u got something to put on ebay when u don't even care about a community of collectors and Atari enthusiasts!

I wish posts like this never happen! U can't take it back now but let's say you wanna sell your stuff. People here will buy it. But if u do t want to sell it to them. Then Why bother?

I'd buy the entire lot from u but you Havnt replied to my pm yet.

Edited by Chris Leach

If u post on the forum to sell on ebay when there is a free thread to sell in here. Then yer an idiot! Post yer goods here free advertise the crap out of it and get minimum the asking price u set. Donate your ebay fees to al to support the site. Or just keep yer find to yerself. And say u got something to put on ebay when u don't even care about a community of collectors and Atari enthusiasts!

I wish posts like this never happen! U can't take it back now but let's say you wanna sell your stuff. People here will buy it. But if u do t want to sell it to them. Then Why bother?

I'd buy the entire lot from u but you Havnt replied to my pm yet.

I'm sorry, but this is absurd. People should feel free to come here asking for advice (as this guy did) and not feel like they are obligated to sell something below market value or favor the members here over anyone else. This isn't the only classic collecting site on the planet and just because most of us are collectors, we don't have some special status that entitles us to discount pricing or first dibs on things.

Why should the seller sell all of the boxes to you? Are you a museum or non-profit that is going to make them available to the world to enjoy free of charge? Or, are you just another guy looking to skim off the boxes you want and then sell the rest at a profit to pay for your hobby? Personally, I try to post extra items I get in the marketplace forums here at below market value, but that's not something I expect other people to do and frankly, this is a very unusual find and one that deserves to be sold on the open market for whatever people are willing to pay.

• Like 5