IGNORED

The CGE exclusive Intv game BLIX is limited to 30 copies

Rev

Except for pre-orders that I already honored in buying, that was it for me in buying CIB homebrews or rom releases. I thought, doing such limited releases for a specific group of customers, in this case CGE attendees, where afterwards 50% land on eBay for financing the miserable small lives of some speculators, was a thing of the past. Seems, that I was wrong but I won't pay $300 for a homebrew that I missed no more. Time to go and actually enjoy my collection instead of getting up in the middle of the night and wait for a pre-order thread to be started :-D

Ah, the relief...

• Like 6

Except for pre-orders that I already honored in buying, that was it for me in buying CIB homebrews or rom releases. I thought, doing such limited releases for a specific group of customers, in this case CGE attendees, where afterwards 50% land on eBay for financing the miserable small lives of some speculators, was a thing of the past. Seems, that I was wrong but I won't pay $300 for a homebrew that I missed no more. Time to go and actually enjoy my collection instead of getting up in the middle of the night and wait for a pre-order thread to be started :-D

Ah, the relief...

Best way to protest, is not buy @game products. Join the boycott.

As soon as the ROM has been dumped everyone can make his own cartridge. All you need is a Mattel cartridge and an EPROM. Costs $1.80 and 2 minutes.

Lol im not that skilled to burn a rom.. But I hope blix ends up on a rom site now... unless Atgames makes it right, they dont deserve any business, Cancel your flash back orders bookcott atgame products. Join the fight, tell Atgames release more blix carts for Intellivision fans...

• Like 1

Lol im not that skilled to burn a rom.. But I hope blix ends up on a rom site now... unless Atgames makes it right, they dont deserve any business, Cancel your flash back orders bookcott atgame products. Join the fight, tell Atgames release more blix carts for Intellivision fans...

Having always had an Intellivision but never a Colecovision I was considering picking up that Flashback, but that's not happening now.

• Like 1

Having always had an Intellivision but never a Colecovision I was considering picking up that Flashback, but that's not happening now.

I never taught the day would come when I would tell someone not to buy an Intellivision product but this is a first..l Im not buying a flashback. Atgames spit in every hobbyist face who could not make it to cge. I hope one of the 30 that they relase makes it to a rom site.

I'm a little confused as to who is to blame for this sort of thing. I hate hate HATE low run convention exclusives like this, but who developed the game and put it on cart? Was this the much hyped secret game Good Deal Games was bringing? Who signs an agreement with ATGames that limits it to 30 on the off chance the Flashback sells well enough for a volume 2. From the point view of a collector, this whole thing is a recipe for alienating your fan base and biggest word of mouth boosters.

I'm a little confused as to who is to blame for this sort of thing. I hate hate HATE low run convention exclusives like this, but who developed the game and put it on cart? Was this the much hyped secret game Good Deal Games was bringing? Who signs an agreement with ATGames that limits it to 30 on the off chance the Flashback sells well enough for a volume 2. From the point view of a collector, this whole thing is a recipe for alienating your fan base and biggest word of mouth boosters.

Atgames is a business, they should have released enough for Intellivision fans or not at all. Dont buy the flash back. wend them a message. I cancelled my pre orders. The hell with crappy companies that do this to their fans. Get the rom on a rom site.

Was just informing. :-)

Didnt want to start a boycott! Haha But yeah, 30 is a way to small amount.

Send them a message dont buy a flashback.., The best way to get back at a business is to not buy their junk..... or even better get some one to dump the rom and uploaded to a rom site.

Blix is supposedly coming out for the next Flashback if sales of this one are decent. There is no guarantee a second one will release, but I would expect sequels if it does well. I believe they do now own rights to Blix. I'm not sure how all of the parties were involved (Intellivision Productions, GDG, AtGames, etc). I'm sure their intention is to improve it and make it available (on a Flashback) for a broad audience to enjoy. I wouldn't ever expect a cart or CIB release.

I haven't seen or tried it yet, but I talked to a few people who did and they said it was an odd game that wasn't quite done/debugged. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't expect a D2K, Christmas Carol, or Space Patrol level of quality here.

As for the exclusivity....they run a business and it's their call. Ideally, everyone should have some access to enjoy all of these games. Exclusives are one reason some people attend these things. I spent a lot of money, used vacation, ditched my girlfriend, and showed up early just to get one. Some will inevitably end up on eBay, but mine will stay in my collection.

. Some will inevitably end up on eBay, but mine will stay in my collection.

if it ends up on ebay and i get it, im sending it to china to have dumped and or cloned and will ask them to put it in all rom sites if dumped. Teach these guys a lesson, if they wanna sue me, bring it..... And good luck trying to serve me in The Artic.

• Like 1

Atgames spit in every hobbyist face who could not make it to cge.

They did no such thing. Stop acting like a whiny toddler.

AtGames made a business deal to secure the rights to the game, for release on their products. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Exclusivity deals happen all the time. You talk as if you're entitled to the game, but the reality of the situation is quite the opposite.

You were never entitled to a copy. If you had paid for a copy and didn't receive it because of the AtGames exclusivity terms, then you'd at least have a legit reason to complain. You did no such thing and yet you've decided that AtGames has done you wrong. I'm no AtGames fan, as their products are generally subpar, but this is just silly.

If you want to complain about something regarding this situation, do so regarding the developer who made the deal with AtGames for choosing to go that router rather than have a larger cart launch. Although that line of argument only continues to make you look selfish.

Bottom line is that if you want to play the game, you have a few choices:

• Wait for AtGames to release the game on a Flashback unit and purchased it
  • Buy a copy off eBay
  • Wait for the exclusivity rights with AtGames to expire, when the developer might decide to do another cart run of the game
  • Like 6

Learn to live with the fact that you can't have everything made. I did and it makes things much better. There are a few games for the intellivision that I missed out on but I'm not boycotting the author. In the grand scheme of life it's just not that big a deal. BTW I could have bought one this weekend but decided not to. No interest for me.

• Like 1

Learn to live with the fact that you can't have everything made. I did and it makes things much better. There are a few games for the intellivision that I missed out on but I'm not boycotting the author. In the grand scheme of life it's just not that big a deal. BTW I could have bought one this weekend but decided not to. No interest for me.

I personally dont have every game, there are a few i dont have, but it will still be nice to see this game dumped for those who wanted it.

They did no such thing. Stop acting like a whiny toddler.

AtGames made a business deal to secure the rights to the game, for release on their products. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Exclusivity deals happen all the time. You talk as if you're entitled to the game, but the reality of the situation is quite the opposite.

You were never entitled to a copy. If you had paid for a copy and didn't receive it because of the AtGames exclusivity terms, then you'd at least have a legit reason to complain. You did no such thing and yet you've decided that AtGames has done you wrong. I'm no AtGames fan, as their products are generally subpar, but this is just silly.

If you want to complain about something regarding this situation, do so regarding the developer who made the deal with AtGames for choosing to go that router rather than have a larger cart launch. Although that line of argument only continues to make you look selfish.

Bottom line is that if you want to play the game, you have a few choices:

• Wait for AtGames to release the game on a Flashback unit and purchased it
  • Buy a copy off eBay
  • Wait for the exclusivity rights with AtGames to expire, when the developer might decide to do another cart run of the game

You missed a choice. I can offer someone who got the cart $ 2000 for it, then have it sacrificed in China to be cloned and dumped. :)

Voltron,

As always, I love your passion and trying to do what's right by the Intellivision community. However, I think that you're overreacting a bit here. Believe me, I would love to have a copy of the game, but I understand how some companies offer exclusives at events like this. Now, I think that they should have made a CGE variant available here and then offer a wider release, but that's their choice.

I can't see boycotting their company over this decision. If you don't like the decision, I'd be more open to starting an email campaign asking them to reconsider releasing more copies.

Either way, it's beneath your dignity to dump the rom to spite them.

• Like 1