IGNORED

The CGE exclusive Intv game BLIX is limited to 30 copies

Rev

I don't think they realized how many hardcore Intellivision collectors there are. I'm not so sure 2600 collector's would be as up in arms if this was released for it instead and missed out. I think they underestimated our group.

I would say you are correct, they just didn't realize the demand. GDG frequently does runs of 30 for Atari 2600 exclusives and as far as I know, none of them have sold out, and it's literally been years they have been available on his site. The Intellivision market is just not as saturated with homebrews as the 2600 market. I own 100 or so Atari 2600 homebrews and am not even close to having them all but could not afford them all even if I wanted to so I have accepted I will never have them all. Many of us Atari 2600 homebrew collectors have accepted this. Now in the INTV scene, especially if you started early enough or have a few grand to invest, there is a VERY high possibility you can own each and every one. This greatly increases the "catch em all" factor which makes a so so game like BLIX in high demand, where as a so so homebrew for atari 2600 will struggle to sell 30 copies, because the "catch em all" collectors are few and far between....

• Like 1

I would say you are correct, they just didn't realize the demand. GDG frequently does runs of 30 for Atari 2600 exclusives and as far as I know, none of them have sold out, and it's literally been years they have been available on his site. The Intellivision market is just not as saturated with homebrews as the 2600 market. I own 100 or so Atari 2600 homebrews and am not even close to having them all but could not afford them all even if I wanted to so I have accepted I will never have them all. Many of us Atari 2600 homebrew collectors have accepted this. Now in the INTV scene, especially if you started early enough or have a few grand to invest, there is a VERY high possibility you can own each and every one. This greatly increases the "catch em all" factor which makes a so so game like BLIX in high demand, where as a so so homebrew for atari 2600 will struggle to sell 30 copies, because the "catch em all" collectors are few and far between....

This makes a lot of sense. We're a dysfunctional bunch :)

Exactly! Really, not the sellers fault he had no idea what he was getting into with us intellivision folks!

• 6 months later...