IGNORED

ST Flappy Bird is out

Fletch

Holy cow do I suck at this. Got it installed on my Falcon easily enough, but after that things have gone south quickly. I played for 10 minutes and managed to score a whole 5.

That being said, it really looks great and plays very smooth.

For those with patience or better reflexes than I, give it a go!

-Pete

I managed an 18 on the Falcon yesterday, but that sure was a fluke.

For giggles, I put it on a floppy and ran in on the 1040STf. It is much easier at 8mhz. I tied my high score after only 3 minutes. Not to say this game will ever be easy, but if you are going to be even mildly successful try it on a a bog standard machine.

The frame rate still looks good on the 1040STf, not as smooth as the Falcon, but I can actually play it a little.

For giggles, I put it on a floppy and ran in on the 1040STf. It is much easier at 8mhz. I tied my high score after only 3 minutes. Not to say this game will ever be easy, but if you are going to be even mildly successful try it on a a bog standard machine.

The frame rate still looks good on the 1040STf, not as smooth as the Falcon, but I can actually play it a little.

Best I could do was 14... :mad:

Going to try a bit more..

Ah ok. I was playing on a STe with Adspeed at 16MHz. Maybe that explains my 3. Or maybe I just am bad at it. :-D

Ah ok. I was playing on a STe with Adspeed at 16MHz. Maybe that explains my 3. Or maybe I just am bad at it. :-D

I switched my Mega STE between 16Mhz and 8Mhz but did not notice a difference. When I switched the machine to 50Hz from 60Hz I noticed a difference. Even though 50Hz seemed slightly slower I couldn't get in the rhythm with it..

Scored a 42 tonight on the Falcon. Silver medal. I seem to have trouble blinking whilst playing this game. I thought my eyes were going to start bleeding,

Also got a couple of bronze medals for scores in the twenties.

Wow! I got to 21 yesterday, but I don't think there is a chance I'll get in the 40's. Good play.

• Like 1

Scored a 42 tonight on the Falcon. Silver medal. I seem to have trouble blinking whilst playing this game. I thought my eyes were going to start bleeding,

Also got a couple of bronze medals for scores in the twenties.

Do you play it with the keyboard, mouse, regular Atari joystick, a JoyPad through the Enhanced Joystick Ports, or all of the above?

So it seems like almost every Atari console and computer platform now has Flappy Bird available for it, other than the Lynx, Jaguar, and 7800…

Do you play it with the keyboard, mouse, regular Atari joystick, a JoyPad through the Enhanced Joystick Ports, or all of the above?

So it seems like almost every Atari console and computer platform now has Flappy Bird available for it, other than the Lynx, Jaguar, and 7800…

I've been playing it with a Wico Command Control Stick. Tried the keyboard and the mouse, but I just couldn't get either to work very well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bloody hell, Fletch. Well done! I think retiring is a great idea, if only for your occular health! :D

That and the fact that the next milestone is 200 and I think you might lose your sanity before your eyesight if you attempt that!

Anybody has a clue who is the developer?

No. It's weird, because they clearly know who I am, but I don't know who they are. :/ I have a feeling they would rather stay anomymous, whoever it is.

• Like 1

Bloody hell, Fletch. Well done! I think retiring is a great idea, if only for your occular health! :D

That and the fact that the next milestone is 200 and I think you might lose your sanity before your eyesight if you attempt that!

No. It's weird, because they clearly know who I am, but I don't know who they are. :/ I have a feeling they would rather stay anomymous, whoever it is.

I'm guessing whomever is responsible does not want any copyright entanglements. They sure did a great port though!

And yes, 200 seems way too painful to attempt. Maybe I'll hold a charity event to raise money for the visually impaired if I ever play again :)

I love your YouTube videos by the way. Your facial expressions crack me up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...