IGNORED

The No Swear Gamer on Youtube

Ep 409: Pac-Man Retro Arcade Plug n Play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SgRhFBk8qA

Sorry Phil, but I gotta call you out on the version of Xevious included on this. I bought this back when it first released & being a huge Xevious fan, noticed several things wrong with this port. Not only the audio & subtle graphical differences, but gameplay-altering changes, such as enemy placement & appearances as well. One major point is that there seems to be NO Andor Genesis motherships, & if there are, they dont appear when & where they should.

I'm not sure how far into this you played, but I encourage you to play another "correct" arcade version of Xevious, then come back & play this one again, & you'll see the difference. I can't let such a glaring mistake by such a valued & respected reviewer like you go unnoticed.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

Sorry Phil, but I gotta call you out on the version of Xevious included on this. I bought this back when it first released & being a huge Xevious fan, noticed several things wrong with this port. Not only the audio & subtle graphical differences, but gameplay-altering changes, such as enemy placement & appearances as well. One major point is that there seems to be NO Andor Genesis motherships, & if there are, they dont appear when & where they should.

I'm not sure how far into this you played, but I encourage you to play another "correct" arcade version of Xevious, then come back & play this one again, & you'll see the difference. I can't let such a glaring mistake by such a valued & respected reviewer like you go unnoticed.

Thanks for pointing this out. Evidently I did not play this far enough to see all the buggy mess, but I tried it again and you are totally right. It's almost like a poor rom hack. I pinned a Review Update in my comments section to let viewers know and gave you credit.

I am sorry I missed that. I do try to be thorough with my reviews, but with compilations it can be easier to overlook something due to the number of games I'm covering at once. Thanks again for pointing this out.

Also, I'm sad to say, my joystick on the unit in starting to fail. I'm hoping I can clean it out and get it back working.

• Like 1

I wouldnt even say it controls fine, as it ideally needs an 8-way joystick, & the unit itself is 4-way. Bosconian also uses an 8-way, but this version is tolerable & more playable than the Xevious mess.

I completely agree with you on Mappy & Pole Position!

• Like 1