IGNORED

The No Swear Gamer on Youtube

On 9/20/2019 at 8:58 PM, nosweargamer said:

Storm Area 51?
How about playing these 10 alien Atari 2600 & 7800 games instead!

I’d say Planet Smashers also include gunning down Aliens/Space-invasive forces, as it also is, hm, sort of (loosely?) connected to Alien Brigade...

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

I don't think you've posted your Todd's Adventures in Slime World gameplay videos to AtariAge, but I wanted to mention that I've enjoyed them. I know firsthand how hard it is to clear some of those scenarios -- beating Arcade mode was one of the tougher challenges I've ever overcome!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 10:46 PM, Giles N said:

I’d say Planet Smashers also include gunning down Aliens/Space-invasive forces, as it also is, hm, sort of (loosely?) connected to Alien Brigade...

I came this close to including Planet Smashers (and Galaga too). And yes, they connected the two games. The ending of Alien Brigade leads to the start of Planet Smashers. And  the ending of Planet Smashers leads to the start of Alien Brigades. It's a never ending circle!

On 9/22/2019 at 4:31 PM, thegoldenband said:

I don't think you've posted your Todd's Adventures in Slime World gameplay videos to AtariAge, but I wanted to mention that I've enjoyed them. I know firsthand how hard it is to clear some of those scenarios -- beating Arcade mode was one of the tougher challenges I've ever overcome!

Thank You!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

Since Fall is officially here, I made a list of 10 Atari 2600 & 7800 game to play to start the season!

What I like about Midnight Mutants is its mix-in of humour: Dr Evil saying self-solemnly ‘vengeance is mine’... followed by the immature statement ‘take that Grampa!’...

And when your hero dies, and if you wait a few moments, your hero raises as mutant-zombie and if you push the Grampa-comment-button he will actually say things like ‘you’re dead now, you know, bit of a bummer’ or something in that vein.

I just think it takes the genre to level it should be taken: not overtly seriously, but as a thrilling adventure.

I’ve only gotten to boss2 yet, but I enjoy the silly comments essentially making it an action-horror-game not taking itself too seriously/not going into all that ‘darker&edgier’-thing.

But cannot come to think of very many other titles you could have included from the 7800 at least.

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 8:58 PM, nosweargamer said:

Storm Area 51?
How about playing these 10 alien Atari 2600 & 7800 games instead!

Anyway, have you reviewed/played Alien Brigade using a light-gun?

I’ve had difficulty finding one for the 7800, while easily got one for my SMS, where Space Gun is my favourite light-gun game.

I find, using the joypad-control to be good, would imagine using a light-phaser would be even more responsive...

If you’ve tried both ways of playing it; do you think the one way is better than the other, or just different?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 9:56 PM, Giles N said:

@nosweargamer

Have you considered reviewing the 5200 game collection?

(If I’ve missed something, and you’ve done 5200 games, sorry).

Personally I just love the 5200 and its comparatively small but very interesting game-library.

I don't have a 5200, but if/when I get one, I would like to start reviewing games for it

On 9/25/2019 at 3:45 PM, Giles N said:

Anyway, have you reviewed/played Alien Brigade using a light-gun?

I’ve had difficulty finding one for the 7800, while easily got one for my SMS, where Space Gun is my favourite light-gun game.

I find, using the joypad-control to be good, would imagine using a light-phaser would be even more responsive...

If you’ve tried both ways of playing it; do you think the one way is better than the other, or just different?

Yup reviewed it, and light gun is my preferred way to play it, although iirc, the gamepad worked well too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 10:25 PM, nosweargamer said:

I don't have a 5200, but if/when I get one, I would like to start reviewing games for it

Yup reviewed it, and light gun is my preferred way to play it, although iirc, the gamepad worked well too.

I should wish it was easier to get hold of a 7800 compatible light-gun.

I’d really like to have a go at Alien Brigade with that hardware...

I think Alien Brigade is one of the best 7800 games (not *the* best in my opinion, but one of the best).

Edited by Giles N

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...