IGNORED

The No Swear Gamer on Youtube

On 1/3/2020 at 2:34 AM, nosweargamer said:

I have one PAL game, World Games, but I haven't tried it out yet. I have a new recording setup that I can only hook one system at a time to. Right now the Odyssey 2 is hooked up :)

I'll try to remember to let you know when I do try.

Do let me know!

And... how do you prefer to hook up game-recording-systems...?

(I’ve tried Iphone or Ipad recordings so far. Need to learn to use it properly for either 50fps or 60fps).

Edited by Giles N

On 1/6/2020 at 2:07 AM, Giles N said:

Do let me know!

And... how do you prefer to hook up game-recording-systems...?

(I’ve tried Iphone or Ipad recordings so far. Need to learn to use it properly for either 50fps or 60fps).

I used to record to a recordable DVD player. The main downside is games with flicker sometimes had to be adjusted, as sprite would flat out disappear.

Recently I switched to the Elgato HD, using a DVD/VCR combo as a pass through for the RF based systems.

• Thanks 1

@nosweargamer

Idea for your show:

How to beat/how to be good at/how to master —> 7800 games, 2600 games, SMS games etc.

I have benefitted very much from both your 7800 game-reviews and longplays.

Kinda used them as ‘buying guide’-info.

Love that you describe in your reviews how the playabililty-set-up of the games works.

But would like comments on ‘how to be good at/how to beat a game’ (without cheats).

Just an idea.

Anyway; cool stuff you provide.

And... do more SMS reviews when opportunity allows!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

Odyssey 2 Month continues with my first review of a "Voice Enhanced" game.
Ep 599: Attack of the Timelord!

Episode 599, eh? You do know that the Odyssey² has several games with sharks in them, right?

(I'll be sad when Odyssey² month is over! It's been fun to have thoughtful coverage of a system that doesn't get too much YouTube love.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 11:35 PM, Giles N said:

@nosweargamer

Idea for your show:

How to beat/how to be good at/how to master —> 7800 games, 2600 games, SMS games etc.

I have benefitted very much from both your 7800 game-reviews and longplays.

Kinda used them as ‘buying guide’-info.

Love that you describe in your reviews how the playabililty-set-up of the games works.

But would like comments on ‘how to be good at/how to beat a game’ (without cheats).

Just an idea.

Anyway; cool stuff you provide.

And... do more SMS reviews when opportunity allows!

I was actually thinking of making a how to beat Ghostbusters video. I haven't done many, but I did make walkthrough videos for Pitfall 2600 & Midnight Mutants 7800.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:00 AM, thegoldenband said:

Episode 599, eh? You do know that the Odyssey² has several games with sharks in them, right?

(I'll be sad when Odyssey² month is over! It's been fun to have thoughtful coverage of a system that doesn't get too much YouTube love.)

I was aware of one unreleased, hombrew shark game, but I don't have it. What 02 games have sharks in them?

I really enjoyed giving the 02 a month of focus and look forward to returning to it in the future.

3 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

I was aware of one unreleased, hombrew shark game, but I don't have it. What 02 games have sharks in them?

I really enjoyed giving the 02 a month of focus and look forward to returning to it in the future.

There's a homebrew game (Sea Rescue) and an unreleased/prototype game (Shark Hunter). The former apparently received a massive upgrade when it was re-released as a combo cart, High Water Patrol/Sea Rescue Voice Edition; the latter had to be fixed to run properly on NTSC systems and is found on several multicarts.

When you come back to the Odyssey², I hope you're able to tackle the board games at some point. I know your focus is on the 1-player experience, but there's so little coverage out there, and they're fascinatingly strange efforts.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 5:43 PM, thegoldenband said:

When you come back to the Odyssey², I hope you're able to tackle the board games at some point. I know your focus is on the 1-player experience, but there's so little coverage out there, and they're fascinatingly strange efforts.

I was this close to reviewing Quest for the Rings, but ran out of time when I got sick. I definitely what to cover it and maybe another board game when I get back to the 02.