IGNORED

HELP remembering the name of a computer game!

gamesarefun

ill try and describe it best i can. I used to play this game at a computer camp i went to during the summer when i was a kid. the game probably came out around 87-90' somewhere.

It was a game similar to "Box It" where you have to push an object (box) to a specific spot on the screen.

The premise was you had to push a Blue Ball(light powder blueish) to a Blue spot on the level. you could only push from behind it, so if you pushed it against a wall you were stuck and had to start over or die. there were a some enemies and i believe you could crush with the ball.

The ball always dropped. you always started at the top of the level and the blue area was always at the bottom somewhere, so you had to make sure you pushed the ball the right way so u didnt get stuck.

it was a pretty simple game but really fun. it was the first time i could remember actually planning out my moves so i didnt get the ball stuck or trapped in a corner

any help would be appreciated. ive tried looking it up but have had no luck

not exactly sure what computer system it was actually for, i was like 7-8 years old

ill try and describe it best i can. I used to play this game at a computer camp i went to during the summer when i was a kid. the game probably came out around 87-90' somewhere.

It was a game similar to "Box It" where you have to push an object (box) to a specific spot on the screen.

The premise was you had to push a Blue Ball(light powder blueish) to a Blue spot on the level. you could only push from behind it, so if you pushed it against a wall you were stuck and had to start over or die. there were a some enemies and i believe you could crush with the ball.

The ball always dropped. you always started at the top of the level and the blue area was always at the bottom somewhere, so you had to make sure you pushed the ball the right way so u didnt get stuck.

it was a pretty simple game but really fun. it was the first time i could remember actually planning out my moves so i didnt get the ball stuck or trapped in a corner

any help would be appreciated. ive tried looking it up but have had no luck

not exactly sure what computer system it was actually for, i was like 7-8 years old

If it was at a camp and / or school, then I would guess during the late 80s and early 90s, it probably would have been a Macintosh Classic or a Macintosh LC. Most schools rarely used PCs, if at all, for their "childrens" labs. Prior to that, it was all Apple products mostly... Apple //e.

Programming courses, were almost always taught on IBM PCs or clones back in the day.

If it was at a camp and / or school, then I would guess during the late 80s and early 90s, it probably would have been a Macintosh Classic or a Macintosh LC. Most schools rarely used PCs, if at all, for their "childrens" labs. Prior to that, it was all Apple products mostly... Apple //e.

Programming courses, were almost always taught on IBM PCs or clones back in the day.

it was a summer program held at one of the local schools. it was a computer room. we pretty miuch just played games and printed things out. But i just cant remember the name of the game. it was so fun and id like to play it again

it was a summer program held at one of the local schools. it was a computer room. we pretty miuch just played games and printed things out. But i just cant remember the name of the game. it was so fun and id like to play it again

Careful, a lot of that stuff is no where near as fun as it was when you first remembered it. Ever go back and watch Conan the Barbarian as an adult? You wonder WTF the entire time you're watching it.

• Like 1

Hey gamesarefun,

I know that game: it was amazing :). I had it on an Apple II and I still have the floppy disk somewhere. It was one of my favorite game, it even included a level editor.

I believe the original game title was "Flappy", you can see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flappy

But on the Apple II it was called "Floppy": http://www.vizzed.com/play/beyond-floppy-appleii-online-apple-ii-5397-game

The information is a bit harder to find today because of that recent moronic wave of 'Flappy Bird' crap..

Beyond%20Floppy-3.png

Hey gamesarefun,

I know that game: it was amazing :). I had it on an Apple II and I still have the floppy disk somewhere. It was one of my favorite game, it even included a level editor.

I believe the original game title was "Flappy", you can see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flappy

But on the Apple II it was called "Floppy": http://www.vizzed.com/play/beyond-floppy-appleii-online-apple-ii-5397-game

The information is a bit harder to find today because of that recent moronic wave of 'Flappy Bird' crap..

Beyond%20Floppy-3.png

Holy moly, thank you so much. i was guna include that i believe the first level ir grops looked like orange bricks. i played the crap out of this game. i remember getting really good at the game and getting to levels no one got to before in the class

• 2 weeks later...