IGNORED

Crazy Intellivision homebrews shelves

scalpel

My post-125 collection is getting close to completion, but

• Getting the last few is going to be a challenge
  • Some of my boxes are unassembled flat boxes. I'll have to decide whether to assemble them (requires glue), leave as-is, trade, or something else...

I assembled all of my boxes after learning how to put together all the Old School Boxes.

So whats stopping you? Make one, plenty of people to help you get published.

The gauntlet is thrown :)

Serious question for those that know both - would you describe INTV programming easier, or harder than 2600? Or just "different"? I've messed around with 2600 eons ago but never really came up with anything worthwhile. I have a lot of spare cycles these days and even looked at the Vectrex, but vector math hurts my brain.

The gauntlet is thrown :) Serious question for those that know both - would you describe INTV programming easier, or harder than 2600? Or just "different"? I've messed around with 2600 eons ago but never really came up with anything worthwhile. I have a lot of spare cycles these days and even looked at the Vectrex, but vector math hurts my brain.

Do you know assembler language?

If not, nanochess has developed IntyBasic that uses Basic and magically converts it to assembler somehow. The worlds top scientists are still baffeled.

• Like 2

I can work with both. Probably would dabble with Basic to see how capable it is, then dig into the bytecode and see what it's actually doing. I guess these days ROM size isn't quite so critical - Mattel wouldn't be chopping my knees off if I wanted another 2K.

I will admit I've never looked into the ASM for the 1610, so I don't know how weird it is. 6502(7) is pretty vanilla, at least for those of us who grew up in a certain era, so it has a familiarity about it. It's the damn I/O that causes grief on the 2600.

Im sure alot of other people have way more homebrews than me, but here's mine anyway.

Overview

attachicon.gifIMG_20140919_132551.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140919_132646.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140919_132807.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140919_132847.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140919_132902.jpg

Here are a few Mouse Trap games.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140917_220150.jpg

i see that cmart's mind control serum has been working. :D

Any recommendation and pointers? I would hate to ruin multiple $100 boxes.

If you are actually going to do it, make all the folds that will be glued first and fit them together to understand how the box is put together.

Do not assume everything fits tightly. The Go for the Gold, Game Factory and ... the third one??? do not fit tightly on the spine that is glued. The spine that shows when on display is larger than what you glue it to.

And use a hot glue gun. I never tried this, but I imagine it works. If you mess up I believe a hot butter knife will allow you to try again. You may want to test this on something that is not valuable.