IGNORED

Coolest paddle controller Atari game

Army Of 2600

Video Olympics gets overlooked. It is pretty great. Especially if you have someone(s) to play it with.

TacScan can be fun in bursts

There is a Starpath (Supercharger) paddle game - Fireball. It's not bad, but I'd rather play Super Breakout

Encounter at L5 hasn't been mentioned of all the paddles games out there - it is one

Nightdriver uses the paddles - right?

I'd say my top paddle games have been mentioned. I find myself playing Circus and Super Breakout even though I think Warlords and Kaboom might be better games. Also, Astroblast might be the most underrated 2600 game of all time.

• Like 1

With the paddles I always find myself going back to Super Breakout. It really captures the essence of all a video game needs to be.

Honorable mention goes to Bumper Bash. While one of the coolest games played with the paddles, I suppose it really shouldn't count since it only uses the buttons and not the dial.

I'll probably be the only one to say so, but, Star Wars: Jedi Arena.

It was the only Paddle game I had growing up, and I love Star Wars (I should say LOVED, but that's another story).

Mostly, I think, It's because unlike a lot of paddle games where I'm just zipping left and right to catch/rebound something, you use the paddle to move your sword AND aim the Seeker's laser blasts. Some people claim this works against each other but I think that's where strategy comes in, you wanna be on the offense, aiming shots at where your opponent is undefended, but this will usually leave you undefended. You need to balance offense with defense, and a key strategy is catching that laser blast and then for a second or two you can go all out on your opponent since he can't shoot again until his first shot has cleared the screen.

Edited by Torr
  • Like 5

I'll agree with that. Granted I'd be embarrassed as hell if someone seen me play it.

I've said before that if KaBoom is heralded as one of the GREATEST games for the VCS then Beat-em & Eat-em should be among the Top 10, cause it's the same game with different graphics and (thankfully) a more reasonable difficulty. When the bomber starts zipping around like the Road Runner on cocaine I do just as well playing blindfolded... all you do is spin that dial left and right quick as you can hoping to catch a bomb... doesn't seem that fun to me...

Just wanted to say thank y'all for the kind words on Circus AtariAge. Development has been extremely slow... i.e. I've only worked on the game twice this month, and it's been about like that for every month over the last year.

But hearing people are even enjoying the WIP rom gives me more energy. Thank you. :)

• Like 2