IGNORED

Reproduction of boxes and variations

Crapahute

Hi everybody!

This is to announce that I'm starting a reproduction/variation box service.

You can send me request for any Colecovision game box, even for games that never had one.

I may also be able to reproduce manuels.

For homebrew games, I will produce reproduction or variation box only with the agreement of the author and editor.

There will be a note on the back of the box to tell it is not a genuine box.

To keep price at $20+shipping, boxes will be produced by Colecomaster in Canada when he prints stuff for Collectorvision, so there might be delays between ordering and production.

PM me for any question or request. Thanks.

repro-example.jpg

• Like 11

This is incredibly good news - thanks to you and Colecomaster for doing this.

I'll get the ball rolling with my list:

• Donkey Kong (US & CBS 1)
  • Slither (US & CBS 2)
  • Turbo (US & CBS 1 & CBS 3)

Although not sure what CBS boxes would best suit the Slither and Turbo. The CBS Roller Controller oddly came in a three language box which doesn't match either the CBS 2 or 3 game boxes in style (although I think CBS 2 style is the closest). With the European release of the driving controller I believe that CBS 3 would be about the closest fit). I'll follow this up with a PM but wanted to let others know what boxes I would be asking for.

Burgertime,Congo Bongo,Donkey Kong,Frogger,Jungle Hunt,Mr Do Castle,Popeye,Qbert,Qbert Qubes,Slither,Tapper,Turbo US version could be great

Frogger, Popeye and Q*bert can be easily acquired on eBay and other means CIB for very cheap. Also note that Frogger and Q*bert were released by Parker Brothers in 1-piece and 2-piece boxes (Popeye was only released in 1-piece style) and you could probably acquire both box versions of each game for price of a new repro box or slightly more.

Slither and Turbo repro boxes have been made already by phattyboombatty and CollectorVision and you should PM them for availability.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

Frogger, Popeye and Q*bert can be easily acquired on eBay and other means CIB for very cheap. Also note that Frogger and Q*bert were released by Parker Brothers in 1-piece and 2-piece boxes (Popeye was only released in 1-piece style) and you could probably acquire both box versions of each game for price of a new repro box or slightly more.

Slither and Turbo repro boxes have been made already by phattyboombatty and CollectorVision and you should PM them for availability.

I got a 2 piece popeye box when I was looking to get all the 2 piece and 1 piece variants.

It has english and french and looks like it came from canada.

Should have been more clear about the Popeye box...

the U.S. version only came in a 1-piece box where as the Canadian version (French and English) and European version (think 6 languages) came in a 2-piece box.

Since I haven't taken the dive into collecting French Canadian and European variations of CV titles, I tend to state things based on U.S. release versions but will be more mindful in the future.

• 1 month later...

Do you take orders for boxes of ColecoVision games that don't actually exist, at least not yet? :)

There are lots of games I would love to see released on the ColecoVision, but there are a few that stand out among all of them:

- Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space

- DragonSlayer IV - Drasle Family (also known as Legacy of the Wizard on NES)

- Bomber King (also known as Robowarrior on the NES)

- R-Type

- Gauntlet

These games all exist on the MSX using MSX1 graphics and regular PSG sounds, so they could theoretically be ported to the ColecoVision. Of course, porting these games would be an awful lot of work, but I figure if the boxes are already done, then we'd be one small step closer to a ColecoVision release. :P

• Like 1

Robowarrior is an acquired taste. The appeal of the game is in blowing stuff up just to see if there are any power-up icons hidden under the trees. I had loads of fun with that game on the NES. :)

EDIT: It's too bad Solomon's Key was never released on the MSX. That's another NES game that would be great on the CV.