IGNORED

Anybody have a 5200 Wico

darryl1970

So, I know all is fair in love and war, and hopefully something better will come along. However, my heart was crushed yesterday evening. I have a Wico 5200 joystick. I never had a Y-cable, so I made a keypad out of an old Radio Shack membrane keypad. It works well, but I would like to have a nice pair.

I recently saw a Wico stick, with the Wico pad, on ebay. It was mint, and it even had the box. I kept telling myself I didn't need to spend any money, and I would watch. The seller would auction for a week, drop the price $5, and relist for another week. After three weeks of watching, there were ZERO bids. I finally decided that I'd never find another setup like that again. With only 3-hours left, I made my bid.

Sure enough, somebody outbid me with an hour or so left. NOBODY HAD BID ON IT IN 3 weeks. They were just waiting to break my heart!!! I upped my bid, and they outbid me at the last minute.

Kind of bummed. I know I am feeling more personal about it than it is. My initial reaction is to think they did it maliciously, just so I couldn't have it. I suppose they were just watching it too.

Anyway, is anybody selling a working Wico 5200 with a y-adapter or keypad?

Thanks,

D

Yes, they wait. I've did a lot of e-sniping when I was getting my Jag collection together, but I would wait when it was less than 1 minute left, I would win most of the time. Its a good strategy and it works, when I win, I would think that there was someone somewhere kicking and screaming because I've e-sniped that would make me laugh. Keep trying the Wico keypad is worth the wait.

Edited by walter_J64bit

For what it's worth, next time if it's a regular auction with no bids or "buy it now"... contact the seller and ask if they have a price in mind for it and make an offer. I managed to secure many hard to get items, avoiding bidding wars and what not. You never know.