IGNORED

Tandy coco2 questions.

soviet

Hello recently i got my hands on a working tandy coco2 ntsc taiwan ver.

I don't know much about tandy computers but after reading about i see theres a sio2pc like solution called drivewire.

Look very nice, the only problem i see is that every time you whant to load something using drivewire first you have to load from tape DOS.

Theres a way to burn an eprom of DOS ? i can do this and insert it on a cart in place of the rom ? or inside the coco where the basic rom is soldereded ?.

Somebody have a link or some clear information about this.

Alos i like to do a composite mod, but after looking on the web i don't any clear information about what mod works on the coco 2 and i like to do the easyest one posible.

Thanks.

I've heard good things about Drivewire.

If you have a disk drive for your Color Computer II and access to some old PC hardware, this is something worth checking out:

Transfer files from a Windows 98se PC to native CoCo diskettes:

http://www.voltage-control.com/cocotrns.html

Here's a link to some info on doing a composite mod:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco/73371

Hello recently i got my hands on a working tandy coco2 ntsc taiwan ver.

I don't know much about tandy computers but after reading about i see theres a sio2pc like solution called drivewire.

Look very nice, the only problem i see is that every time you whant to load something using drivewire first you have to load from tape DOS.

Theres a way to burn an eprom of DOS ? i can do this and insert it on a cart in place of the rom ? or inside the coco where the basic rom is soldereded ?.

Somebody have a link or some clear information about this.

Alos i like to do a composite mod, but after looking on the web i don't any clear information about what mod works on the coco 2 and i like to do the easyest one posible.

Thanks.

You can write the Drivewire rom to a 2764 EPROM, use a football II cart, remove the game chip, place a socket on the board and cut a single trace.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91854706@N06/sets/72157636432923605/

• 2 weeks later...

But wait, will that mod work on a CoCo 2 or only a CoCo 1? Their video circuits are very different.

I've heard that the mod will work on early CoCo 2s, which are essentially upgraded CoCo 1s, but it's a no-go on the later CoCo 2s. I tried that mod on my own CoCo 2, and got no usable output.