IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback Controller Adapters

nurmix

Hmmmm....Cmart ruminates on the giant list of controller cables Paul has to make and while he's pleased that this product has gone over so well he can't help but wonder how Paul will be able to get EP14 in the can for Halloween. Also Cmart wonders why he's referring to himself in the third person :)

Cmart need not worry. Sure, Nurmix still has a lot of editing to do, not to mention production on episode 14...

[panic increases for Cmart after reading that last sentence]

But a good deal of the "Halloween" themed additions to the episode have already been completed. And all of the recording is done.

[Cmart rolls his eyes at the thought of additional Halloween-themed 'fluff' getting in the way of quality Intellivision content, but then comes to his senses, knowing that Nurmix surely wouldn't do anything unless it was with great planning and care, and would enhance the show in multiple ways]

Plus, Nurmix is currently waiting for another shipment of parts for the cables, so his free time is going to be devoted to the podcast now.

[Cmart takes a deep breath and begins to relax - as much as an obsessive Canadian Intellivision collector can, of course].

Episode 14 will be out before Halloween!

[Cmart smiles and re-listens to episode 13, enjoying the Cmart segments, thinking his Cmart thoughts, and drifts off into Cmart dreams of getting 2 more than every Intellivision variant than Rev]...

The end.

• Like 4

My parts shipment arrived. I'll be making more cables this week. If you're the next say... 5-10 people on the list (per my last update post), send me a PM with your address / shipping information so I can prepare your packages and get you a total.

I'll update the thread in a couple days.

Thanks!

-Paul

Hmmmm....Cmart ruminates on the giant list of controller cables Paul has to make and while he's pleased that this product has gone over so well he can't help but wonder how Paul will be able to get EP14 in the can for Halloween. Also Cmart wonders why he's referring to himself in the third person :)

Rev thinks Cmart is weird.

• Like 1

OCTOBER 29, 2014

------------- SHIPPED --------------------------------

[AA] IntellivisionDude | Quantity: 1
[AA] Hyperboy | Quantity: 2
[FB] Jim Potter | Quantity: 2
[AA] JDog514 | Quantity: 2
[AA] SoulBuster | Quantity: 2
[AA] revolutionika | Quantity: 2
|CGE| [AA] TrekMD | Quantity: 1
[AA] Wolfy62 | Quantity: 2 (local pickup)
[AA] Bill Loguidice | Quantity: 2
[AA] JoeM_Intellivision | Quantity: 4
[AA] Tarzilla | Quantity: 4
|CGE| Ryan Allan | Quantity: 2
|CGE| [AA] mojotv67 | Quantity: 2
[AA] Gavv | Quantity: 2
[AA] mthompson | Quantity: 2
[AA] Binth | Quantity: 2
[AA] eebuckeye | Quantity: 2
[AA] intvnut | Quantity: 2
[AA] scobb | Quantity: 1

------ PENDING -----------------------------------------

[AA] slab0meat
Quantity: 2 <PM sent>

[AA] spaceman

[AA] zodiacprime
Quantity: 4 <PM sent>

[AA] Marc Oberhäuser

[AA] vazquezrick

----- NEXT IN LINE --------------------------------------

[AA] toymailman
Quantity: 4

[AA] ACFinPGH
Quantity: 2

[AA] mickcris

[AA] Ambrosine

[AA] TrickyMoon

|WEB| Tom C.

|WEB| Chad B.
Quantity: 1

|WEB| Timothy H.

[AA] RetroDude75

[AA] goldenegg

[AA] mjarnold7

|WEB| Larry A.

|WEB| Francisco P.

|WEB| John G.

[AA] RetroAI

[AA] Arbee

[AA] RangerG

[AA] Noah98

[AA] Jimmer

[AA] Humblejack

[AA] doctorclu

|WEB| Kenneth T.

|WEB| Brendon L.

[AA] Intymike

----- awaiting contact ------------------------------------

|CGE| Mic
Quantity: ? << email sent >>

|CGE| Greg B.

Of course!

Did you pick any up at CGE? Can't remember..

I did pick up 2 at CGE. I wasn't planning this originally, but I might keep those 2 in their special CGE packaging to go with the special CGE signed sleeve for the Intellivision Flashback. It makes a nice 3 piece set.

I'd like to get 2 more cables for the 2nd Flashback I have for playing.

I wasn't planning to have 2 Flashbacks originally. I placed a pre-order long before CGE with Toys R Us and only planned to have just that one, but having another Flashback that was signed by the Blue Sky Rangers was too much to pass up. I don't have much room for duplicates in my place.

I did pick up 2 at CGE. I wasn't planning this originally, but I might keep those 2 in their special CGE packaging to go with the special CGE signed sleeve for the Intellivision Flashback. It makes a nice 3 piece set.

I'd like to get 2 more cables for the 2nd Flashback I have for playing.

I wasn't planning to have 2 Flashbacks originally. I placed a pre-order long before CGE with Toys R Us and only planned to have just that one, but having another Flashback that was signed by the Blue Sky Rangers was too much to pass up. I don't have much room for duplicates in my place.

Cool, makes sense to me. Any color preference on the cable (heat shrink), or are we going with basic black for these two?

NOVEMBER 3, 2014

------ PAID & SHIPPED --------------------------------

[AA] IntellivisionDude | Quantity: 1
[AA] Hyperboy | Quantity: 2
[FB] Jim Potter | Quantity: 2
[AA] JDog514 | Quantity: 2
[AA] SoulBuster | Quantity: 2
[AA] revolutionika | Quantity: 2
|CGE| [AA] TrekMD | Quantity: 1
[AA] Wolfy62 | Quantity: 2 (local pickup)
[AA] Bill Loguidice | Quantity: 2
[AA] JoeM_Intellivision | Quantity: 4
[AA] Tarzilla | Quantity: 4
|CGE| Ryan Allan | Quantity: 2
|CGE| [AA] mojotv67 | Quantity: 2
[AA] Gavv | Quantity: 2
[AA] mthompson | Quantity: 2
[AA] Binth | Quantity: 2
[AA] eebuckeye | Quantity: 2
[AA] intvnut | Quantity: 2
[AA] scobb | Quantity: 1
[AA] Marc Oberhäuser | Quantity: 2
[AA] vazquezrick | Quantity: 2
[AA] slab0meat | Quantity: 2
[AA] toymailman | Quantity: 4
[AA] ACFinPGH | Quantity: 2

------ PENDING -----------------------------------------

[AA] zodiacprime
Quantity: 4 <on hold for future shipment>

[AA] spaceman
Quantity: 2 <on hold for future shipment>

----- NEXT IN LINE --------------------------------------

[AA] mickcris

[AA] Ambrosine

[AA] TrickyMoon

|WEB| Tom Chmielinski

|WEB| Chad Brown

|WEB| Timothy Hammond

[AA] RetroDude75

[AA] goldenegg

[AA] mjarnold7

|WEB| Larry Anderson

|WEB| Francisco Padilla

|WEB| John Gouveia

|WEB| Allan Hegedus / [AA] RetroAI

[AA] Arbee

[AA] RangerG

[AA] Noah98

[AA] Jimmer

[AA] Humblejack

[AA] doctorclu

|WEB| Kenneth Tinkler

|WEB| Brendon Loyd

[AA] Intymike

[AA] Lathe26

[AA] pbarcade

----- awaiting contact ------------------------------------

|CGE| Mic

|CGE| Greg Bennett

Thanks, guys.

Revolutionika made and donated the podcast buttons. So thanks to him!

My fingers are doing OK. But one issue that caused some delays is that in the recent batch of 'parts cables' I received, a completely different wire color scheme was used (and these were from the same manufacturer, with identical part numbers).

When making these in bulk, it's really convenient to go off a color chart (brown to black, white to green, etc). So with this batch I had to work out a second chart. BUT...

... then I found that several of the cables had just random wire colors used for the pins. Prior to that, there was consistency, which made for quicker assembly. But this was just a nightmare.

Poor quality control in a Chinese factory. I know, I know.. shocking. But there you go.

Thanks, guys.

My fingers are doing OK. But one issue that caused some delays is that in the recent batch of 'parts cables' I received, a completely different wire color scheme was used (and these were from the same manufacturer, with identical part numbers).

When making these in bulk, it's really convenient to go off a color chart (brown to black, white to green, etc). So with this batch I had to work out a second chart. BUT...

... then I found that several of the cables had just random wire colors used for the pins. Prior to that, there was consistency, which made for quicker assembly. But this was just a nightmare.

Poor quality control in a Chinese factory. I know, I know.. shocking. But there you go.

Sounds like your using Retrobit cable.

Sounds like your using Retrobit cable.

Yep. :-o

I realize these cables were never intended to be cut and re-wired and so in normal use, internal wire color is meaningless as long as they aren't crossed in some way. I guess wire color is entirely dependent on which Chinese labor factory employee was in charge of putting new spools of wire on the machine that day.

It's just so weird that a handful are completely 'out of order' within the same original shipping box. And some have internal 'powdered' string (for reinforcement), and among those, some string is thick, some thin. Sometimes there's also string in each individual wire, others not. Again, just weird.

All that being said, I have not run into any problems with bad wires so far. And the connector plugs are well made..

Edited by nurmix

Will these count as ... variations!? :P

So far the ones I've come across with the mixed up wire colors have been tossed in a "get to that later" bin...

But you may be on to something, Steve...

I could sell than as is.. cut but not fully wired, no heat shrink, non-working, each one uniquely flawed in their own way.

For display purposes only, of course.

I'll package them in a Ziploc baggie with a hand written Sharpie "limited edition" label.

Rev? Cmart? How many should I put you down for?

Thanks, guys.

Man, that's a surprise! aren't they union workers in that factory with pension and medical benefits? How could they screw that up? :P