IGNORED

Metro 2033 Redux

Charlie_

Anyone else playing / played this? I've gone through the 1st game and now am on to the 2nd. The 2nd game, Last Light, seems a bit better done. It feels like shooting things does more damage and a little better in the graphics department too. Not to say the 1st wasn't good... It was excellent. Nice stealth game with heavy emphasis on resource management. Some parts are REALLY frustrating (and I thought stupid). I had to quit and restart at least two of the chapters.

Beat Last Light. It was fantastic. Very well done. I learned early on in this one, keep a pistol with a silencer. You can sneak through most of the game picking off your enemies from dark spots. The game does throw you into brawls with beasts a lot too, and the double barrel shot gun was what I used mostly. The 6 shot version is good if your going commando against humans. When you are fighting a group of jumping beasts I always tend to blow off 6 shots quick and then it takes FOREVER to reload. DEAD. Oh and I fully admit to getting a lap dance right after spotting the guy I'm chasing for 1/2 the game walks away....

Really enjoyed both Metro games. They were frustrating in parts and both games I had to restart whole chapters multiple times to find things like spare breathing filters. Still, some games are worth it and the Metro games definitely are.

Thanks for the info about the game! I have been somewhat interested in the titles and may give the bundle that includes both games a try in the near future.

That is what I did. I purchased the two game DISC. When you start you just select the one you want to play. You don't have to beat one to play two (last light).

I will ONLY buy DISC versions of games because my son and I have separate Live accounts (and separate XB1 consoles). As long as you have the disc either live account can play the game.

Ugh...the game is a bummer for me but I'm only just getting done with chapter 2 in the dead city. I paid 40 bucks for this when it was on sale last week so I dont feel too bad.

My thoughts:

- Game is a PC port and its different, unique and has some scary stuff which is pretty cool.

- The russian speaking can get annoying after a while as they constantly chatter (at least Bourbon does)

- Shots don't hit enemies or the collision detection is way off. This is one of those games you have to go through rounds to kill something and reloading is painfully slow. Maybe I'm spoiled by COD\Halo\Destiny type games with really solid gunfire.

- Frustrating spots where you get swarmed etc. and have to redo the entire event over and over again....since there's no manual save feature.

- I found the ammo maintenance, battery recharging and mask\light etc rather tiresome. The knife is practically useless.

- Do I really want to sneak around in a nasty place like this? :P

- The weapons are rather un-inspiring.

I dont want to rain on anyone's parade...the games got quite high reviews from a bunch of places but its just not for me it seems. I can see how many people will like this but its just too clunky and cumbersome for me. Should I give it a chance and keep going?

Ugh...the game is a bummer for me but I'm only just getting done with chapter 2 in the dead city. I paid 40 bucks for this when it was on sale last week so I dont feel too bad.

My thoughts:

- Game is a PC port and its different, unique and has some scary stuff which is pretty cool.

- The russian speaking can get annoying after a while as they constantly chatter (at least Bourbon does)

- Shots don't hit enemies or the collision detection is way off. This is one of those games you have to go through rounds to kill something and reloading is painfully slow. Maybe I'm spoiled by CODHaloDestiny type games with really solid gunfire.

- Frustrating spots where you get swarmed etc. and have to redo the entire event over and over again....since there's no manual save feature.

- I found the ammo maintenance, battery recharging and masklight etc rather tiresome. The knife is practically useless.

- Do I really want to sneak around in a nasty place like this? :P

- The weapons are rather un-inspiring.

I dont want to rain on anyone's parade...the games got quite high reviews from a bunch of places but its just not for me it seems. I can see how many people will like this but its just too clunky and cumbersome for me. Should I give it a chance and keep going?

I can't really disagree with anything you said, but then none of that bothered me all too much. I think you should keep going and if you find the 1st game too frustrating let it sit and play part 2, last light. You don't really need to finish the 1st to know what is going on in the 2nd.

Also, make sure you hit the enemies in the head. Monsters drop fast with head shots.

Also, make sure you hit the enemies in the head. Monsters drop fast with head shots.

Thanks will do, its gotten a little bit better after Dead City and I'm well into Chapter 3 now, maybe cause I'm getting used to it, also a friend of mine told me to look for the pumped air gun cause its a silent weapon and it helps a lot.

Two questions:

- Is there a health bar anywhere or do you simply wait around to heal up? I'm assuming you wait because after a bloody firefight I waited and didn't need to use a medkit.

- Is there a way to wipe the water\rain etc from your gas mask? I saw someone do it on youtube but I tried every button etc but couldnt figure it out.

Thanks will do, its gotten a little bit better after Dead City and I'm well into Chapter 3 now, maybe cause I'm getting used to it, also a friend of mine told me to look for the pumped air gun cause its a silent weapon and it helps a lot.

Two questions:

- Is there a health bar anywhere or do you simply wait around to heal up? I'm assuming you wait because after a bloody firefight I waited and didn't need to use a medkit.

- Is there a way to wipe the waterrain etc from your gas mask? I saw someone do it on youtube but I tried every button etc but couldnt figure it out.

If you can get a pistol and upgrade it with a silencer at one of the bases, that is a fantastic weapon for stealth. Yes, the pump air rifle is good for long shots and staying hidden. Ammo can be trouble though, and you have to pump it up every now and then. I used it to great effect against Nazis on the surface.

To wipe the mask you tap the left shoulder button, if I remember.

The 1st game is good, but Last Light is a better game all around.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...