IGNORED

Toys R Us is cancelling pre-orders for the Intellivision Flashback

Lathe26

I just got my cancellation notice emailed to me by Toys R Us. There is a smattering of posts on other threads about this but figured we could centralize them on this thread. Is Toys R Us cancelling all pre-orders or just some of them?

If mine is truly cancelled (I'll wait until Oct 1st), I'll just buy mine in person at a store. Note that Sams Club and Dollar General stores have special editions, unlike Toys R Us which has the main edition of the Intellivision Flashback.

Anyways, this is what Toys R Us sent me:

Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, we were unable to fulfill your order for the item listed below within the expected time and have attempted to cancel it in accordance with FTC regulations.

If we were successful, you will receive a cancellation notice and you will not be charged for that item and/or will receive a full refund. If you would like to order a similar item, please call customer service at 1-800-869-7787.

If the item has processed, you will receive a ship confirmation and receive the item later than expected. If you receive the item and do not wish to keep it, simply call customer service at 1-800-869-7787 and we will provide you a return label at our expense. You can also keep the item if you still want it. If you have any questions about returning the product, or if there is anything else we can assist you with, please call customer service at 1-800-869-7787.

Order Number: XXXXXXX

Item: XXXXXXXX

Description: Intellivision Flashback Classic Game Console
Quantity/Price: 1 @ $39.99

Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until it has shipped.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We value your business and look forward to you shopping with us in the future.

Sincerely,

The Guest Service Team
Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com

It says "in accordance with FTC regulations" [Federal Trade Commission]. Apparently there is a time limit on preorders and they have to notify you of cancellations. It also says that it may still ship. What a cluster-f__k. Now those of you that preordered have no idea if you have one coming or not.

Here is the email I received,

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent order with us.

We wanted to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until the order is shipped.

Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Delayed Item: xxxxxxxxxxx

Description: Intellivision Flashback Classic Game Console

Delayed Item: xxxxxxxxxxx

Description: ColecoVision ® Flashback Classic Console

30-Day Policy

If the item(s) is not shipped by 10/02/2014 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Sincerely,

The Guest Service Team

Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com

What's interesting in my case is that the status of my order is "items in stock". And what is this weirdness of "we'll try cancelling your order". What? You mean... "Yeah, we'll try to cancel it. But maybe we can't. Because, you know. Stuff." It's an order from their website, but they don't know if / whether they can successfully cancel it? I just don't get it.

• Like 1

The plot thickens.....as of 1:40 mountain the web site has it in stock and available for purchase. This is the first time in weeks it has shown up in the website.

The joke is in NY I can now order it from the website and pick it up in store at the correct price, but if I just walk into a store to buy it the price is $45.99.

The joke is in NY I can now order it from the website and pick it up in store at the correct price, but if I just walk into a store to buy it the price is $45.99.

It's the same in Miami. I went to a Toys'R'Us Express this past weekend and they had both the ColecoVision and Intellivision Flashbacks for $43.99! I was happy to wait for my preordered units to arrive. :)