IGNORED

Sierra PC Game Collection - Big Boxes

Metal Jesus

King's Quest IV pretty much killed any interest I had in collecting PC games. Not that it wasn't awesome.. just, the floppy disk swapping WAS SURREAL!! Just focused on console games after that:p

This is pretty funny, cuz it would be the last thing Ken Williams would have wanted... but it was the NORM back in those days. Between making silly boot disks to get the game to run, to annoying copy protection and disk swapping, the simplicity of consoles was a huge relief! That said, I'll always love the complexity of PC games back in the day!

• Like 2

If I knew you in the 90's Metal Jesus I would have given you all my boxes for my DOS games. I had lots, Infocom, Sierra, EA, Infogrames, Lucasarts etc.

I tossed them all back then, just didnt have the room (I kept only my Ultima boxes). Some were weirdly shaped triangles like Tomb Raider and Deathtrap Dungeon.

I'm sadly lacking in my Sierra games collection. I used to own a lot more, but my dad gave my collection to goodwill when I left for college back around 2002. I now just have Goldrush, Silpheed, Thexder, King's Quest II and I think maybe one of the Space Quest games. I really want to get my hands on some of the early Sierra titles, like 1980-1984 era, but they're difficult to find.

I wanted to collect them, but I was too cheap, poor and impatient for them. I only bought titles that interest me (usually Kings Quest, Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry series) and only if they were in the bargain bin at the local computer software store. This left me with only a few games of which I don't recall ever finishing them. One day, I will load up my old 486 and play through them even with a walkthrough.

I did collect all the Atari ST titles though - especially the SCI-based ones.