IGNORED

Questions about headphones

Mendon

One of my son's has a PS4 and enjoys it a lot. But yesterday, he decided to take the plunge and bought a XB1 (mainly because he wants to play Master Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive).

The only headphones he has for the XB1 is the chat set that comes packaged with the system. He has the Pulse headset for use with the PS4, likes it, and asked me if there is any way it can be used on the XB1. I told him I have no idea at all as I haven't explored headphone use on the XB1 at all.

So my question/s: is there a way he can use his Pulse headset on the XB1 or does he have to purchase a new headset if he doesn't like the included chat set? What about the headset adapter that is available for $25 from MS... will it allow him to use any headphones on the system or is he again stuck with using just a particular brand or type?

Thanks in advance for any info!

One of my son's has a PS4 and enjoys it a lot. But yesterday, he decided to take the plunge and bought a XB1 (mainly because he wants to play Master Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive).

The only headphones he has for the XB1 is the chat set that comes packaged with the system. He has the Pulse headset for use with the PS4, likes it, and asked me if there is any way it can be used on the XB1. I told him I have no idea at all as I haven't explored headphone use on the XB1 at all.

So my question/s: is there a way he can use his Pulse headset on the XB1 or does he have to purchase a new headset if he doesn't like the included chat set? What about the headset adapter that is available for $25 from MS... will it allow him to use any headphones on the system or is he again stuck with using just a particular brand or type?

Thanks in advance for any info!

That is great that he has both a PS4 and a Xbox One. He is covered for next gen gaming. :P

I am not familiar with his headset, but there is this device that lets you plug in your "favorite compatible headset".

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset-adapter#fbid=wB4H05bh_3P

Thanks for the info; much appreciated!!

I read the link you provided, called my son, and he bought the adapter. His Sony Pulse headset comes with a cable (it can be either wireless or wired) and he is going to hook it up and see if it works. If not, he said he'd buy the MS headphones for $80.

Edited by Mendon

Thanks for the info; much appreciated!!

I read the link you provided, called my son, and he bought the adapter. His Sony Pulse headset comes with a cable (it can be either wireless or wired) and he is going to hook it up and see if it works. If not, he said he'd buy the MS headphones for $80.

Hey, check this out!

http://touch.groupon.com/deals/gg-1-xbox-one-stereo-headset-with-folding-boom-microphone

Thanks again for the info!

I've never dealt with GroupOn before... are they are pretty good place to do business with?

(and I haven't heard from my son if the adapter allowed him to use his Sony headset on the XB1)

I know my daughter has used Groupon..

I have a Windows phone app "Windows Phone Central" and they post general MS related news through out the day.

That is where I learned about the 1/2 price headphones.