IGNORED

Quick Development

jacobus

Code example

8 Way Scroll is an engine designed for 2 player split screen scrolling games. The system uses a very large playfield (256 columns by 40 rows), a redefined character set and a customer display list. The application itself takes just under 2 1/4 K and will run fine on any Atari with 48K or more.

Although stripped down to only the essentials required for the engine, it would be very easy to build games on top of this code. I've included an ATR with both the code and a compiled version, a .txt file with the code and an Excel spreadsheet with the memory map for the project.

Enjoy

post-11281-0-17293100-1412020406_thumb.png

8WayScroll.atr

Dual 8 Way Scroll (256 x 40).txt

Notes.xls

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done any 8-way scrolling games for the A8? I can't recall any - but I don't really know the entire list of games that came out for them....

Also how many diagonal scrolling games were there? The Blue Max seems to be the most successful of these.... I was never happy with the A8 Zaxxon and Super Zaxxon game conversions - but I can see it's one very difficult challenge to try doing a decent version of it - that it'll be better/easier to do your own variation of it - instead, that would be better? ie. graphics design wise.

It would take up a lot of time and effort - for sure.

Harvey

I threw together another Quick demo - this one shows Player multiplexing via DLIs. Crude, but fairly easy in Quick

attachicon.gifpmg.png

attachicon.gifPMG.XEX

attachicon.gifPMG.txt

Looks cool. One gripe I would have - is there a way to use HEX notation from within Quick? The more time I spend in 6502, the less I want to use DEC when coding.