IGNORED

Christmas Carol still available?

Noah98

Perhaps it can be added as a bonus game to the sequel (like Berzerk was for the 7800 Frenzy homebrew)?

Probably not necessary ... the ROM is already available for free so the game itself is available. What people will lament now is not having the box, etc.

• Like 1

In my opinion its not fair to claim a new run. The game was available for about two years so everyone had more than enough time. I doubt that the run was limited, so if the demand were high enough they surely would have produced more copies. To be honest, I am disappointed that this game was missed by some people who sell tons of limited games. This is a very bad example how the collectors think. If something is limited people are freakin out and order 5 or more copies, but miss this one? The game which many people call the best homebrew? Its kind of weird and hopefully that changes in the future, because in fact it encourage all publishers to make their runs limited (at least the time you could order) to get success, which would be very bad.

• Like 1

I always wanted a CC3, but was afraid of the cost. At the time $150 was a lot for me to spend for a non-game for the hobby. I was warming up to it and about ready to pull the trigger when it sold out. The price almost immediately doubled, so I stopped looking.

Also, I don't know how long it was available, but I had only known about it for a few months. I was still kinda new to the scene.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

And all people who missed the CC3 get a better version of a Multi-Cart this year. Happy ends for the winning!

Yeah but collectors are weird…they will still want one, just not for $400. :-)

In my opinion its not fair to claim a new run. The game was available for about two years so everyone had more than enough time. I doubt that the run was limited, so if the demand were high enough they surely would have produced more copies. To be honest, I am disappointed that this game was missed by some people who sell tons of limited games. This is a very bad example how the collectors think. If something is limited people are freakin out and order 5 or more copies, but miss this one? The game which many people call the best homebrew? Its kind of weird and hopefully that changes in the future, because in fact it encourage all publishers to make their runs limited (at least the time you could order) to get success, which would be very bad.

I actually haven't had an Intellivision for two years. Also, the website did not indicate a limited run. I'm fairly new to homebrew cartridges so I assumed it would indicate limited availability. I just figured I would get it for the holidays since it is a holiday themed game. I think one more small run of cartridges for this coming holiday season would be nice.

that game is so good it should sell thousands of copies...any numbers on what the highest selling Intellivision homebrew game ever is?

I'm pretty sure D2K sold 500+ copies and I would guess that there were <350 buyers. Pretty much any new homebrew will easily sell 100 copies, but few surpass 300. Carol vs. Ghost debuted at CGE, was consistently available for 2 years at a reasonable price, was heavily promoted via 2 consecutive holiday high score challenges, and won best homebrew at least once....and it's a great game ;-)

Intellivision is a small market and unless anything changes most homebrews will probably hover around 150-250 copies. I'm not sure if the homebrew flood of 2014 will help or hurt individual game sales. 2015 will be an interesting year.

BTW, awesome name and awesome avatar pic!

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure D2K sold 500+ copies and I would guess that there were <350 buyers. Pretty much any new homebrew will easily sell 100 copies, but few surpass 300. Carol vs. Ghost debuted at CGE, was consistently available for 2 years at a reasonable price, was heavily promoted via 2 consecutive holiday high score challenges, and won best homebrew at least once....and it's a great game ;-)

Intellivision is a small market and unless anything changes most homebrews will probably hover around 150-250 copies. I'm not sure if the homebrew flood of 2014 will help or hurt individual game sales. 2015 will be an interesting year.

BTW, awesome name and awesome avatar pic!

thanks Jason!

i wonder what it would do for homebrew sales if a future edition of Intellivision Flashback had a cart slot..that would be interesting to see

thanks Jason!

i wonder what it would do for homebrew sales if a future edition of Intellivision Flashback had a cart slot..that would be interesting to see

I wonder if prices for the original consoles would drop, especially with the Flashback's superior graphics. Not sure how it would affect the homebrew market. Hopefully it would introduce lots of new potential buyers, but I suspect the average buyer won't buy a $70 homebrew to go with their $40 Flashback...especially if the next Flashback includes built in homebrews, which they're planning. Considering the numbers of these that will hopefully sell, if only a few new buyers turn to the hardcore gamer/collector side, it could really catalyze the homebrew market. We'll see.

I'm happy the game sold all copies, it really deserves to.

I'm only sad to realize how small the Intellivision market is.

Now I can't wait to see Christmas Carol 2.

Yes again congrats on the sweet score. I cant wait for cc2. Maybe this time if there is a contest i can get in on playing it. My intv patch collection is so incomplete without an elf patch. :( this is a tough game for me. I love it but it is tough. Not sure how you got such a crazy score. But definitely one of the best retro homebrew games ever. And thank you again dz-jay for such an awesome game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...