IGNORED

Schell's Cuttle Cart for Sale

falconsfan79

I have a original Schell's Cuttle Cart for sale, I tried selling it on EBay but they pulled the listing saying it broke their terms of agreement. I'm asking $300 obo. I know that is high considering the harmony is available for like a third the cost but for the collectors out there who want one of the first devices made to load games, I think that it's fair. It is in mint condition with original orange 3.5" floppy disk and manual. I'm only selling it because I'm getting married and can use all the money I can get. Please only serious offers this is a piece of history and I don't want to waste my or your time. PM if your interested. I can add pictures upon request. Thanks in advance.

I don't know where else I should try selling this... does anyone have any suggestions?

Off the top of my head............

http://www.gamegavel.com/

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/forum.php

http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/

Not a tough crowd just a cautious and sensible one ;) Because you are new here and seemingly you have come only to try to sell something I suggest picture(s) right off the bat (preferably something showing the item with a note showing your user name or other proof of ownership) and also some feedback as a seller or other credentials supporting that you are a reputable seller? You are a stranger to this community so lacking these things is a large part of the lack of response, we get many that sign up only to unload something never to be seen again. Just some advice that will help you selling such items anywhere.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

No, thank you I appreciate your input, Im not new here but I had to create a new account, although even with my other account I didnt talk much. Ive never sold anything however I do have over 80+ purchases with 100% rating on ebay, for whatever thats worth. Its tough because like I said I tried selling it on Ebay but they removed the listing eventhough I specifically said it was for development. I didnt add photos just because I wanted to see if there was any interest first, but you are probably right... I'll add them this afternoon when I get home from work. Thanks again.

Yikes! Tough crowd. I was really hoping to at least get a couple bites... come on folks... only 204 of these devices were produced total, they are rare. I don't know where else I should try selling this... does anyone have any suggestions?

It is because it is not worth anywhere near $300, sorry, it had to be said....

I felt lucky when I got $100 for mine :)

• Like 1

I'm surprised your listing got pulled. This one sold recently for $123. Maybe you had some words in you listing that triggered it to get removed. You probably want to avoid talking about ROM's. Just state what's included and list the tech specs. Most people who are interested will know what its used for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cuttle-Cart-Atari-2600-Chad-Schells-Electronics-Universal-Ram-Cartridge-RARE-/231309530190?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35db1f544e

I'm only selling it because I'm getting married and can use all the money I can get.

I dont need to sell it, Im going to get close to what I want or I keep it.

Enjoy keeping it.

Im not new here but I had to create a new account

By any chance was your old account "BackIn89" ?

• Like 1

If that was Intellivision version, there would be piranha feeding frenzy here with about 20 offering to buy in the first 3 seconds. Intellivision is without any current flashable cart and Intellivision is a real pain in the butt to build hardware for, modern flash chips aren't compatible with G1 ROM addressing and data scheme. You need to demux and remux everything between the cart slot and the flash chips and do it fast enough it doesn't cause Intellivision to crash due to missed bit.

If that was Intellivision version, there would be piranha feeding frenzy here with about 20 offering to buy in the first 3 seconds. Intellivision is without any current flashable cart and Intellivision is a real pain in the butt to build hardware for, modern flash chips aren't compatible with G1 ROM addressing and data scheme. You need to demux and remux everything between the cart slot and the flash chips and do it fast enough it doesn't cause Intellivision to crash due to missed bit.

Not for much longer. The LTO will douse CC3 demand, as will the Harmony 7800 early next year on the CC2 demand.