IGNORED

Intellivision Carts - Labels or No?

Cybearg

I've seen homebrew in Activision carts before.

If I ever make a homebrew that people get as upset about as Blix, I'm going to make a special release that ONLY comes in Tutankham cart shells. You'll need to prove your desire (and worthiness) by watching me sacrifice the cart first, then by paying the obscene cost.

And I'll just re-sell the bare boards as people apparently sometimes do, with rare enough games. Muahahaha.

I've seen homebrew in Activision carts before.

If I ever make a homebrew that people get as upset about as Blix, I'm going to make a special release that ONLY comes in Tutankham cart shells. You'll need to prove your desire (and worthiness) by watching me sacrifice the cart first, then by paying the obscene cost.

And I'll just re-sell the bare boards as people apparently sometimes do, with rare enough games. Muahahaha.

That would be truly evil. <strokes evil beard> :evil:

The Coleco Mouse Trap label has the exact measurements of 6 cm x 8,5 cm. It seems they used the metric system already back then.

/Insert pithy comment that by "they" you mean the entire world, except for the US and (IIRC) Liberia. And much of manufacturing also uses metric in the US, you just don't realize it.

/Insert pithy comment that by "they" you mean the entire world, except for the US and (IIRC) Liberia. And much of manufacturing also uses metric in the US, you just don't realize it.

With they I was thinking of the staff of Coleco. And there is still enough Inch measuring around the world. The CD/DVD/Blu Ray has 5" and not 11,something cm.

With they I was thinking of the staff of Coleco. And there is still enough Inch measuring around the world. The CD/DVD/Blu Ray has 5" and not 11,something cm.

The CD standard is exactly 12cm, or 4.72441 inches. There really is very little in the past 30 years designed around inches, unless it's come solely out of the US. And even then it's getting pretty rare unless it's to be compatible with existing standards (the print and construction industries are rife with it). Canada is one of the few countries in the world with large-scale Imperial penetration for precisely this reason. Our economies are just too closely linked.

But yeah, the Brits still have miles on their road signs. :)

Edited by freeweed