Sign in to follow this  
metzger130

Is this cartridge "dead"

I have a cartridge of Frogger II three deep and I get the image below when i put it in the system. I used an eraser on the contacts to try and get it to work with no luck. I don't see a screw on the back to open the cartridge, is it under the label? Not sure if it's dead or if anyone thinks it's possible to fix.

post-31141-0-07924900-1412296957_thumb.jpg

I read somewhere on here that Parker Bros. games can crap out over time.

Use 91 percent or higher alcohol with a q-tip . And if that doesn't do the trick get some de-oxit and hopefully that works ... always does for me

• Like 2

Ahh... maybe that's what it was, Activision.

Then maybe it's the contacts... clean the shit out of them with 100% rubbing alcohol with q tips until you don't see black residue anymore.

Nothing I have done makes it work, pretty sure it'd dead. Used eraser on the cartridge, 91% alcohol, still nothing. Pulled it apart and cleaned the whole thing and still nothing. not sure what else I can do to it.

That sucks... isn't Frogger II one of the harder to obtain 5200 carts?

Yes, hard to find and one of the more expensive ones too. Cheapest on ebay right now, I know not the best to get a price one, is $35 for cartridge only

Nothing I have done makes it work, pretty sure it'd dead. Used eraser on the cartridge, 91% alcohol, still nothing. Pulled it apart and cleaned the whole thing and still nothing. not sure what else I can do to it.

Did you use DeoxIT ?

If that doesn't work, do you have any soldering experience? I'd pry it apart and reheat all the solder joints inside just to make sure there isn't any open joints..

dont give up on it till you shine up the contacts with some 600 grit wet dry also make sure you machine works with other parker brothers carts

The big problem is that when it was stored away, it was stored in the system meaning in the cartridge port. I bet that didn't help that it was there for 20 years or so.