IGNORED

Fake/Repro Air Raid on eBay

TomBrazil

I thought about that, but I'm not the expert here. Someone spent a huge amount on the CIB Air Raids, so... I feel bad even considering that, dont wanna put those colectors' acquisitions in Jeopardy.

Well, to spend $33,000 on a game, the guy was likely a millionaire so he won't miss it that much. Probably equal to me blowing $30 on a PAL/NTSC converter that didn't work. :) The box in this auction looks so much like the others. It would not surprise me if the same guy made them all.

Edited by Zap!

looking at his past auctions, he has sold a fake Rescue terra, and multiple auctions with 2 different label Halo Carts. I would assume he made the box himself or had it made strictly for resale.

in my opinion, I would say the cars are not Hozer, they actually look pretty good, making me think they are from Snyper(AA member) or homemade.

Looks like the seller has sold about a dozen other "hozer" style carts so who really knows? I didn't see any

of Dirty Randy's infamous logo\stain on the carts but the label style is a damn near give away.

looking at his past auctions, he has sold a fake Rescue terra, and multiple auctions with 2 different label Halo Carts. I would assume he made the box himself or had it made strictly for resale.

in my opinion, I would say the carts are not Hozer, they actually look pretty good, making me think they are from Snyper(AA member) or homemade.

Edited by atari181

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it as second chance. Glad to put picture here, so you guys can wonder what happened. They were taken via cell phone, if you need higher res, please LMK.

If you purchased it as a "second chance offer" most likely he is making the box or having someone do so. It is a scammers favorite trick, put up an auction, sell to the highest bidder, sell another copy to the second highest bidder, and sell more copies to the other bidders if they are high enough.

The box I have(Mancave box), was made with the pictures of Tanman's box. If you look close enough you can see a slight distortion of the title due to the angle of the picture.

Not sure about the back of the box, but I believe you can get the image of the front from the AA store. Al used to sell air raid magnets with the front box image.

Thanx, Dave. Yes, I was suspicious of that "second chance". Still, I consider US$ 100 I paid to be a nice price for a repro, and furthermore, to help this "investigation". Let's see if he will pop more boxes out.

BTW It's been a long time I don't see you selling rare stuff, please come back :)

Thanx, Dave. Yes, I was suspicious of that "second chance". Still, I consider US$ 100 I paid to be a nice price for a repro, and furthermore, to help this "investigation". Let's see if he will pop more boxes out.

BTW It's been a long time I don't see you selling rare stuff, please come back :)

In the auction you were the third highest bidder, I assume that the second highest received an offer as well.

As for sales. I have some doubles I will need to sell, life and work have just got in the way. I have been lax on my collecting lately, so I haven't had too many rare doubles.

Bought it as second chance. Glad to put picture here, so you guys can wonder what happened. They were taken via cell phone, if you need higher res, please LMK.

Thanks for the pics Tom. If you care too and\or have access to a scanner I'd love to get a copy at 600dpi or better :)