IGNORED

2014 Houston Arcade Expo - November 7th and 8th

SpiceWare

The Jaguar there was mine, it had a rotary modified controller with it and about 8 games. I also brought the Lynx I and II along without about 30+ games for them.

I played with all of those! I hadn't used a rotary controller on Tempest 2000 before. It definitely helps with the regular stages, though I never did figure out how to play the bonus stages with it. That was also my first time playing some of those Lynx games. Thanks for bringing them!

Would love to see the pics you took. Anyone know who brought the Amiga to the expo?

I don't know, but it was cool they did. I hadn't even heard of the CDTV until I saw it there. I'm not as up on the Amiga's history as I'd like to be.

The first batch of my pictures are up and visible here. My phone doesn't take the greatest pictures I'm afraid, and I forgot to bring my better camera, but most of these still turned out decent. I'll have more pictures up soon, hopefully tomorrow.

I played with all of those! I hadn't used a rotary controller on Tempest 2000 before. It definitely helps with the regular stages, though I never did figure out how to play the bonus stages with it. That was also my first time playing some of those Lynx games. Thanks for bringing them!

I don't know, but it was cool they did. I hadn't even heard of the CDTV until I saw it there. I'm not as up on the Amiga's history as I'd like to be.

The first batch of my pictures are up and visible here. My phone doesn't take the greatest pictures I'm afraid, and I forgot to bring my better camera, but most of these still turned out decent. I'll have more pictures up soon, hopefully tomorrow.

On the rotary controller there is a switch on the bottom which allows you to switch it between regular pad and rotary mode which perhaps could be used?

Thanks for the pics!

I like your note on the pic of my Power Drift arcade. So with it on free play at your local Wal Mart were you able to finish first on all track and be able to fly the plane from AfterBurner or race the Motorcycle from Hang-On on the bonus stages?

You also took a nice shot of my A..P.B. arcade! I noticed someone got pretty far on it on one day (I believe the murderer's stage). Better than I do!

Edited by GuruGuy

I noticed your initials on Vector Pilot JSS or VPM? I love how it saves the high scores!

No mine are BPM.....I have a few screenshots of my high scores on Facebook.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=887739984583837&set=a.887737954584040.1073741837.100000435325292&type=3&theater

theres about 10 shots after that first one.....I think i have more to upload too

No mine are BPM.....I have a few screenshots of my high scores on Facebook.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=887739984583837&set=a.887737954584040.1073741837.100000435325292&type=3&theater

theres about 10 shots after that first one.....I think i have more to upload too

Oops. Typo, VPM should have been BPM. Thanks for the pics.

• Like 1

On the rotary controller there is a switch on the bottom which allows you to switch it between regular pad and rotary mode which perhaps could be used?

I figured that out, but it seemed like once the game was in rotary mode, it didn't want to acknowledge the digital controls. Or maybe I was just impatient. That's usually a given.

I like your note on the pic of my Power Drift arcade. So with it on free play at your local Wal Mart were you able to finish first on all track and be able to fly the plane from AfterBurner or race the Motorcycle from Hang-On on the bonus stages?

I never saw the motorcycle, but I did manage to fly the After Burner plane once. I was psyched at getting all five golds and also surprised to discover a bonus round, so of course I totally washed out on that last race.

You also took a nice shot of my A..P.B. arcade! I noticed someone got pretty far on it on one day (I believe the murderer's stage). Better than I do!

That wasn't me. :) I never was good at that game, though I still love playing it.

All of my pictures are now up!