IGNORED

Estimated Price for all this Atari Equipment

kdeinv

Hello

I have had 2 shelves of atari equipment that I would like to sell.

I have:

2 Atari 800 computers

4 disk drives (2 810, 1 1050, and a centurian) Read write switches

Atari 1027 Printer

Atari Modem

Atari Recorder

Over 100 games on diskette (On both sides of disk labelled)

Many utilities as well (Syncalc and old word processor)

Many books and manuals (Antic and analog computing mags from the 80s)

Some joysticks

Power supplies.

I think everything works.

What price could I fetch from someone for all of this?

Attached is a picture

post-40465-0-95532100-1412694348_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Untested equipment usually gets about 5% - 20% of the value of tested equipment, of similar type and condition.

Yes. Take the time to test it. It'll be worth to know what works and what needs to be fixed.

I'm guessing the 1027 will be good for parts only, because the rubber printing portion is probably dry rotted. 1020 plotter, ink pens dry?

Keys on keyboards on computers all working, not sticking?

Drives cleaned, detected, and working?

Working well will fetch some good cash...

Disk Number Games Disk 1 Zaxxon Disk 1 Starfire Disk 1 Survivor Disk 1 Dig Dug Disk 1 Anteater Disk 1 Maniac Miner Disk 1 Canyon Climber Disk 2 Shamus Disk 2 Shamus II Disk 2 Wizwor Disk 2 Whizkid Disk 2 Juice Disk 2 QUIX Disk 2 Kidgrid Disk 2 Time Runner Disk 2 Gorn Disk 2 Livewire Disk 3 Space Invaders Disk 3 Kritters Disk 3 Megalegs Disk 3 Moonshuttle Disk 3 Bug Attack Disk 3 Kayos Disk 3 Galaxy Chase Disk 3 Gorf Disk 3 Asteroids Disk 3 Space Inv 5200 Disk 3 Onslought Disk 3 Ambush Disk 3 Sentinal Disk 3 Airstrike Disk 3 Starisle Disk 3 Astro chase Disk 4 Missle Command Disk 4 Stratos Disk 4 Genetic Disk 4 Star Raiders Disk 4 Myrapede Disk 4 Moonbase Disk 4 Satans Hollow Disk 4 Caves Mars Disk 4 Vanguard Disk 4 Thrax Disk 4 Protector

I will need to test. Right now I am inventorying all games on each diskette. Each disk has 4 or 5 games per side and as I recall there is a menu selection for each game on the disk.

Here is another picture of the drives I have. My father had a friend back in the 80s when I was a teenager that would get him these games that we would upload onto the diskettes. Some of the games we have binders of instructions for and others we do not.

Also attached a partial list of games by diskette (Only 1st 4 disks). (With 100 or so diskettes it will be somewhat time consuming to do this)

Thanks for any advice on getting a fair price for all of this after I test to see if it works

post-40465-0-44767400-1412697555_thumb.jpgpost-40465-0-44767400-1412697555_thumb.jpgpost-40465-0-44767400-1412697555_thumb.jpgpost-40465-0-44767400-1412697555_thumb.jpg

I can't comment on the pricing, but I can say that those disks contain copyrighted games, unless you have the original disks, probably best not to sell them as they are considered pirated. If you have original manuals & disks you can sell those, and original Atari games will usually sell well, some may even be rare. Instead of figuring out what's on the copied disks, focus on the manuals you have and see if you can match them to the original disk.

You may want to poke around the Marketplace forum here or do some searching on Ebay for some ideas on pricing. If you can, I would do as everyone else suggested, setup a system with one of the drives, boot up the games to verify the hardware is working.

Your disk drives, if they have write protect switches may have Happy or US Doubler mods as well, and considering how many pirated games you have there's a chance you may have a mod in one of those drives. That'll increase it's value if it's working.

• Like 1

The 1027 printer is probably worthless (as a printer) for the reason already mentioned. Its only good for parts for other projects. New pens for the 1020 plotter are available for a few dollars from Best Electronics. The pirated software is also mostly worthless as it can be all be downloaded (just add them in to the deal as a stack of used disks). If the computers and disk drives actually work, $200 is a reasonable price. To get the best price, clean and test the hardware.

I tested the drives and 3 of the 4 work. Not sure how they are daisy chained but 3 of them came on and loaded the games off the diskette. One of the 800 machines would not load. So I have a good 800 and 400 and 3 working drives with all games and everything for $200 if anyone around atlanta, ga is interested.

Please let me know.

Thanks