atari2600land

Another Captain Bruce pre-preorder thread (Odyssey 1)

I'm going to finally bite the bullet and actually do this game. I don't know if I can find a box maker though, the AA boxmaker disappeared. Anyway, I plan on making a run of 14 copies. Sounds odd, I know, but I get one and the rest will go on sale. The game will come out on January 26, 2015 (Australia Day). I have made another thread about this game in case the original people on the original thread mysteriously disappeared (it happens.) So anyway, like I said before $30 is the cost + shipping (which I don't know how much it will be yet.) Please reply to this thread if you're interested.

Background info:

"Captain Bruce and His Cosmic Boomerang" was an Odyssey homebrew I was going to release shortly after Dodgeball but I never got around to it. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A HOMEBREW GAME FOR THE ORIGINAL ODYSSEY (NOT the Odyssey 2 that I've been making games for.) Please also note that the cart uses cart #5. THE GAME DOES NOT COME WITH THE CART. So suffice to say, I bet only original Odyssey owners would be interested in this game.

Edited by atari2600land
  • Like 1

Please put me down for one for sure!

Awesome your finally going ahead with this! :)

Slight mistake. I said the cart needed is cart #5. I looked at the instructions and it says cart #1.

EDIT: As it turns out, the instructions are wrong. I will change them.

Edited by atari2600land

I'm going to finally bite the bullet and actually do this game. I don't know if I can find a box maker though, the AA boxmaker disappeared. Anyway, I plan on making a run of 14 copies. Sounds odd, I know, but I get one and the rest will go on sale. The game will come out on January 26, 2015 (Australia Day). I have made another thread about this game in case the original people on the original thread mysteriously disappeared (it happens.) So anyway, like I said before $30 is the cost + shipping (which I don't know how much it will be yet.) Please reply to this thread if you're interested.

Background info:

"Captain Bruce and His Cosmic Boomerang" was an Odyssey homebrew I was going to release shortly after Dodgeball but I never got around to it. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A HOMEBREW GAME FOR THE ORIGINAL ODYSSEY (NOT the Odyssey 2 that I've been making games for.) Please also note that the cart uses cart #5. THE GAME DOES NOT COME WITH THE CART. So suffice to say, I bet only original Odyssey owners would be interested in this game.

If this will be a boxed release please reserve a copy for me.

I'm unsure about the box still, but will keep you all informed. If there is a box, it won't be as long as the original Odyssey games, it will be a little shorter.

OK, I think there might be a box with this. There is one copy left, I didn't know it would be so popular!

I will PM everyone who got in a copy on January 19, 2015. Here's the list of what I have so far, so see if I excluded you for some reason.

1. me

2. Michael Lant

3. Stupus

4. Zookeeper

5. Retrogmr

6. swlovinist

7. ccc---

8. Bill Loguidice

9. blazing lasers

10. psychedelic shaman

11. rpg collector

12. ianoid

13. ianoid

14. mckafka99

15. uppy

If you want one and can do without a box, please PM me.

Edited by atari2600land

The extras are all completed, so all I have to do is get my butt to Kinko's and make the overlays.

There isn't going to be a box for this release after all. Tell me if you wanted a box and are no longer interested because there's no box.