IGNORED

Another Captain Bruce pre-preorder thread (Odyssey 1)

atari2600land

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I was playing with OdyEmu and made an idea for a one player game still using the Captain Bruce concept. I sent some instructions to some guy who has an Odyssey to make sure it would work on an actual Odyssey. If not, then I'll fall back on the other 2-player idea, but if things go well, this might be the second-ever Odyssey 1-player game ever made. (I think the unreleased? "Mentis Cohorts" was 1-player.) So anyway, I will mail all the items in a small flat rate Priority Mail box. I still have to get the overlays made and the instruction copies made, but everything else is ready. Captain Bruce will be done hopefully by the end of this spring. More details when I have them.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I am going to get the overlays made today. And then I will need to get some stuff together and then I will be able to ship these things out hopefully next week sometime. The plan is for 15 copies for the initial run, more if it is warranted. I still have a few unsold copies of Dodgeball if anyone wants one.

Awesome, your completing this ;)

I still want my copy for sure.

I will take 2 if available.

I will also get an extra copy of dodgeball and 1 of your action max homebrews I totally forgot about if your still making them.

Thanks!

Edited by stupus

I am going to get the overlays made today. And then I will need to get some stuff together and then I will be able to ship these things out hopefully next week sometime. The plan is for 15 copies for the initial run, more if it is warranted. I still have a few unsold copies of Dodgeball if anyone wants one.

I'm still interested in a Captain Bruce and Dodgeball.

Hello, I am going to make a big trip to the post office on March 29. That is the day I'll mail out the new Odyssey 1 game Captain Bruce and His Cosmic Boomerang. I'd do it on April 1, but then people would think it was an April Fools' Day joke (I hate that "holiday".) I'll start accepting orders via PayPal the week before on March 22. Since it mysteriously cost a lot less to make this one, I can pass the savings on to you. So I'm going to make the price of it $10. Of course, there's no box this time, though. But that's why I can offer it this low. Only two or so copies of Dodgeball remain, so act fast if you want one. Here's what you get with Captain Bruce:

* Instructions

* overlay

* small Captain Bruce comic book

* proof of purchase paper

* and a surprise.

I wanted this to be a one-player game, so you'd better read the instructions on how to do it. This game uses cartridge #5. IT DOES NOT COME WITH CARTRIDGE #5. Just making sure you know that. If you already PMed me, I'll PM you on March 22 with payment instructions. Otherwise, let me know if you're interested in this. There are about a dozen copies remaining, so be sure to PM me right now if you want one, and I'll PM you payment instructions on March 22. If you miss out, I may consider a second run if enough people are interested.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Chris!

Do you have still a copy of Captain Bruce for sale ? If yes then please contact me ASAP.

As for Dodgeball, i know this one is sold out but you also gave me permission to simulate Dodgeball

and i have sent you a preview of the simulator. As today, i have recently updated your game with the

new options for the OdySim (change screen resolution, sound, etc) and it's ready to be released

with other Odyssey "extra-1972" games.

I can send you the newer version before uploading it on my OdySim blog so you can LMK what you

think.

Keep up the great work! =)

--- Sly DC ---

• Like 1

Is this the old ody emulator that David winter started and never finished?

If not what is the emulator you have for ody?

I ask because I started a preservation project years ago to have all the Odyssey overlays preserved in digital form with vector graphics.

This was partly to be used for incorporation into the old odyssey emulator.

However last I knew it never got finished with being able to add the overlays in a transparent format over the emu.

Do you have the ability to do this? If so I have all the overlay files we made. I think maybe only about 6 of the 27 games had the overlays unfinished.

If you have a way to use these I could also try to revive the project and get the last few overlays completed. ;)

Edited by stupus

Is this the old ody emulator that David winter started and never finished?

If not what is the emulator you have for ody?

I ask because I started a preservation project years ago to have all the Odyssey overlays preserved in digital form with vector graphics.

This was partly to be used for incorporation into the old odyssey emulator.

However last I knew it never got finished with being able to add the overlays in a transparent format over the emu.

Do you have the ability to do this? If so I have all the overlay files we made. I think maybe only about 6 of the 27 games had the overlays unfinished.

If you have a way to use these I could also try to revive the project and get the last few overlays completed. ;)

Would you mind sharing those with me? I'm not doing a simulator, but I'm trying to rescale the overlays for a 36" TV and printing them out on Vellum. Having those vectorized versions would be a huge help.

Hi stupus!

Nope, not at all. I'm using the LUA language for my OdySim (Odyssey Simulator) as the odyemu is almost

20 years old and uses a 320x200 display and is DOS only. The main programmer of the odyemu is Paul Robson

as DW (david Winter) provided all the technical details of the Odyssey so tha t the odyemu would be the most

accurate emulator possible.

I did convert all the overlays for the odyemu about 10 years ago and some are horrible once converted to 320x200

(like Haunted House). So this gave me the idea to do my own Odyssey SIMulator (not emulator) and after a few years

of learning the LUA language, i've started my simulator project 5 years ago and i've almost finish it (all in my spare times).

You can check out all the progress (and downloads) here: http://odysim.blogspot.com

I'm using a 800x600 display (by default) and you can resize the OdySim to any size that your PC video card or TV can display

but it still 800x600 as the sim stretches the output which the display is still pretty good.

Someone on the Hyperspin forum posted many big size overlays (something like 1920x1080 - i think ?) and these is which i

used to resize and vector them for the OdySim. For now, all original 12 games packed with the Odyssey are simulated (Football

uses more than 40 buttons to simulate all the accessories it uses) and all 4 Rifle Gun games.

In the past of a couple of days, i've done some Extra-1972 games and Dodgeball for the OdySim and these are ready to be

uploaded today or tomorrow on the OdySim blog: Fun Zoo, Handball, Volleyball (and Dodgeball eventually).

So try out the OdySim and LMK what you think of it, thanks! =)

--- Sly DC ---

• Like 1

Hey!

That's great news, anxious to try it.

Sounds like you found our project files already then.

I started it and then worked with a vector artist to improve the images.

And hyperspin was the forum we worked in.

I have not been over there in awhile

Did he post the haunted house overlay?

That was the 1 that slowed the project down.

Then it's mostly just the other add on set of games that I believe never got finished.

We had also hoped to add a mode in the emulator to bring up the various game pieces and cards to view when needed.

I started putting game parts into digital files but didn't get all too far.

Would be really neat if this is something you could ever add to your simulator! ;)

Thanks!

Edited by stupus

Would you mind sharing those with me? I'm not doing a simulator, but I'm trying to rescale the overlays for a 36" TV and printing them out on Vellum. Having those vectorized versions would be a huge help.

Is there vellum made in a size that large? I had never seen it?

Hey!

That's great news, anxious to try it.

Sounds like you found our project files already then.

I started it and then worked with a vector artist to improve the images.

And hyperspin was the forum we worked in.

I have not been over there in awhile

Did he post the haunted house overlay?

That was the 1 that slowed the project down.

Then it's mostly just the other add on set of games that I believe never got finished.

We had also hoped to add a mode in the emulator to bring up the various game pieces and cards to view when needed.

I started putting game parts into digital files but didn't get all too far.

Would be really neat if this is something you could ever add to your simulator! ;)

Thanks!

I have found those overlays by doing a search on everybody's favorite search engine (lol).

And nope, the guy who was doing those vector overlays left-off the project because of Haunted House

and i understand why as it was such a pain in the ass just to vector it to 800x600 and took me so many hours

and the worst it it's not totally rendered but enough to look good.

As for accessories, all the games finished for the OdySim does have all their respective accessories, either were

scans or simply pictures found on the net. Even Nicholas (aka njb12287 here on AA) helped me out to debug

the first versions 3-4 years ago. Since he's married, he dissapeared from the face of this forum :(

I'm only missing some scans/pics of certain parts of Invasion and Baseball to fully simulate those two. The rest

of the official released games, i have all i need to proper simulate those.

--- Sly DC ---