IGNORED

Cartridge Shells

Gazoo

That looks suspiciously like one of the old Karlsruhe modules--or the one done by TI Workshop Rheinland, as both of them were of similar architecture, and based off of the one Heiner Martin did. Lookng at it carefully, it actually is one of Heiner Martin's boards, extended to have a larger GRAM space. Sven's module was an outgrowth of that as well. Here's a picture of one of Heiner's modules, and another pair of them showing the Supermodul II. The nice thing about the Supermodul II is that it fits into a standard TI cartridge case. . .and only some of the Supermodul II modules came with the LEDs. Mine do not have them.

post-27541-0-01901700-1413056515_thumb.jpg

post-27541-0-77260500-1413056528_thumb.jpg

post-27541-0-40563400-1413056619_thumb.jpg

post-27541-0-61639700-1413056786_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 1

That looks suspiciously like one of the old Karlsruhe modules--or the one done by TI Workshop Rheinland, as both of them were of similar architecture, and based off of the one Heiner Martin did. Lookng at it carefully, it actually is one of Heiner Martin's boards, extended to have a larger GRAM space. Sven's module was an outgrowth of that as well. Here's a picture of one of Heiner's modules, and another pair of them showing the Supermodul II. The nice thing about the Supermodul II is that it fits into a standard TI cartridge case. . .and only some of the Supermodul II modules came with the LEDs. Mine do not have them.

i have this in my collection the cartridge you posted, it's very similar maybe the same project:

post-24673-0-21316200-1413063909_thumb.jpg

But i think it's a different project, like the one (more easy) project with just a double eprom, do not you think ? - in the others there are only more eproms and more switch seems..:

post-24673-0-37667400-1413063961_thumb.jpg

I remember i had another one with multi Epromselection i sold on ebay and if i do not remember bad, you purchased that... it was in a BlackBox and separated cartridges connected to the box by a Flat Cable.

another interesting similar project i found in my collection was this:

The Multimodul

post-24673-0-76426900-1413064112_thumb.jpg

Edited by ti99userclub
  • Like 1

i have this in my collection the cartridge you posted, it's very similar maybe the same project:

attachicon.gifSuper Module - Cart Label Detail.jpg

But i think it's a different project, like the one (more easy) project with just a double eprom, do not you think ? - in the others there are only more eproms and more switch seems..:

attachicon.gif20120904_000009.jpg

I remember i had another one with multi Epromselection i sold on ebay and if i do not remember bad, you purchased that... it was in a BlackBox and separated cartridges connected to the box by a Flat Cable.

another interesting similar project i found in my collection was this:

The Multimodul

attachicon.gifMultiModul - Front.jpg

The MultiModule looks a lot like the additional ROM boards for the BBC Micro.

The Super Modul you have there is the same module I pictured from the inside. The TI-W-W is TI Workshop Wiesbaden. It will load GRAM files in any of the formats known at the time it was written, withoug any modifications to the file to make them work. I have the flow chart for the loader software (in German) in Visio and PDF.

The second one you show with the two EPROMs on it is another variant of Heiner Martin's board. You could get the bare boards directly from him or through the TI Revue magazine for quite some time, and people did a lot of interesting things with them.

I recognize the last one too. Harald Glaab had a lot to do with that one. There are about 30 of those out there, IIRC from conversations with him.

You're also right about the Black Box things--I now have the entire set (all three of them) of those that the original German user built. One of them even has a Super Modul board in it as one of the possible selections. I also have the cable to connect the boxes to the cartridge port.

• Like 1

Seriously, it would now take a LOT to surprise many of us. You guy's have regularly raised the bar above what had once been considered possible,that I think some of us have grown to EXPECT the impossible. :-D

Now without anything to go on, other than the fact that it's a 'cartridge'. I'll post my most way out fantasy ideas for the new ultimate cart, and see how how close I come to reality after details are released at The Faire, which unfortunately I cannot attend.

Here goes...

Idea #1: A new Ultra Uber Mega Cart that emulates GROM, ROM and be easily programmed/loaded & erased via a simple USB cable by the average user.

Idea #2: A cartridge that has a built in slot for an SD card and behaves like a 2 gigabyte SSHD. (But is loaded on the PC via drag & drop).

Idea #3: A new variant of the 512K cart, but with built-in WiFi or Bluetooth capability that can access programs directly from the PC without any cables.

Hopefully one of my guesses comes close to reality.

Seriously, it would now take a LOT to surprise many of us. You guy's have regularly raised the bar above what had once been considered possible,that I think some of us have grown to EXPECT the impossible. :-D

Now without anything to go on, other than the fact that it's a 'cartridge'. I'll post my most way out fantasy ideas for the new ultimate cart, and see how how close I come to reality after details are released at The Faire, which unfortunately I cannot attend.

Here goes...

Idea #1: A new Ultra Uber Mega Cart that emulates GROM, ROM and be easily programmed/loaded & erased via a simple USB cable by the average user.

Idea #2: A cartridge that has a built in slot for an SD card and behaves like a 2 gigabyte SSHD. (But is loaded on the PC via drag & drop).

Idea #3: A new variant of the 512K cart, but with built-in WiFi or Bluetooth capability that can access programs directly from the PC without any cables.

Hopefully one of my guesses comes close to reality.

All 3, how did you guess? Just close your eyes and click your heels together 3 times... :)

• Like 1

All 3, how did you guess? Just close your eyes and click your heels together 3 times... :)

Yeah, right! Actually I'm speculating here, but I think it has to do with << this message in another thread >>.

On another topic, I can imagine a truly viable DOS someday evolving out of these new cartridges. Since they can bypass the startup screen, a user would be able to turn on the TI and instantly be at the DOS prompt. It would of course automatically check for a batch file on disk, but if not there only a couple of seconds would have been wasted. Besides the DOS, all editors, BASIC and utilities would also reside in the cartridge and be accessible from the DOS command line, just like PC's, Apples, TRS-80's, etc, But the beauty of the cartridge format, this would require NO disk space, we could save that for user programs or stuff like RASMUS games.