IGNORED

foam rings sitting on switches

matt.zepess

Sorry man, I don't have spares but all those rings do is block your view of the inside of the console. You could cut rings out of any thin material and block the view. Later when you get some original ones you can swap them out. Using a different color might even look good compared to the same old black everyone has.

• Like 1

Sorry man, I don't have spares but all those rings do is block your view of the inside of the console. You could cut rings out of any thin material and block the view.

I believe they were intended to protect against dust and food crumbs. It was common the activate the switches with grubby fingers.

I believe they were intended to protect against dust and food crumbs. It was common the activate the switches with grubby fingers.

I beleive your are partly right but I have cleaned too many consoles to believe they effectively stopped much! I think Atari marketing wanted them just so the aluminum top of the switches were hidden.

• 2 weeks later...