matt.zepess

foam rings sitting on switches

I need the foam rings that go on the switches on the atari 4 switch model. And one atari screw. I saw the foam on ebay for 10 but as a 15 year old I don't have much money, so if anyone has it for cheap then tell me.

Sorry man, I don't have spares but all those rings do is block your view of the inside of the console. You could cut rings out of any thin material and block the view. Later when you get some original ones you can swap them out. Using a different color might even look good compared to the same old black everyone has.

• Like 1

Sorry man, I don't have spares but all those rings do is block your view of the inside of the console. You could cut rings out of any thin material and block the view.

I believe they were intended to protect against dust and food crumbs. It was common the activate the switches with grubby fingers.

I believe they were intended to protect against dust and food crumbs. It was common the activate the switches with grubby fingers.

I beleive your are partly right but I have cleaned too many consoles to believe they effectively stopped much! I think Atari marketing wanted them just so the aluminum top of the switches were hidden.

Anybody know what material they are made of? I could laser cut up a bunch and they could be available from Al. Not sure if Best still sells them or the aluminum strip.

C

I just ripped apart a junk system I had for the center card slot and the foam is thin like 1/16" and looks identical to window/ door weather stripping minus the sticky backside. They are about the size of a nickel.

You can have my rings if you want them. I have 6.