IGNORED

Tv out under the Christmas tree 2014

rygar

I want to play my lynx like this but with a controller, like Sega Genesis or 7800 Euro even? Looks AWESOME on the big screen...!!

Th ecandle mod is supposed to have compability with Genesis 6-button-controllers. I guess you could use a 7800 EU pad as well, but those are not very good, and you would be missing the options 1 and 2 buttons which are sometimes used in games and Pause.

However, nobody can tell how long the wait will be. A shame really, as candle designed his working mod so quickly, but the final testing and production seems to be holding things back. So if you really want Lynx-on-TV asap, this nice mod here might be a good option.

I will likely not use mine for playing on TV for fun, but for presentations on events like e_Jagfest. For enjoyment, I think the visuals tend to look a bit blocky on the big screen. I sometimes try that by emulating Lynx on my Xbox.

Edited by 108 Stars

The mod should work on both models of the Lynx. SHOULD. Not guaranteed.

Here are pictures of the first mod for Rygar:

lynxmod5.jpglynxmod6.jpg

Inside:

lynxmod7.jpg

I'll make a video of it running a few games on tuesday and give more details about how it works.

Unfortunately I didn't succeed in making the LCD and the output work at the same time. It can be done but it would require extra components, so I just added a switch to select which display to feed (both work, just not at the same time).

• Like 2

The job list wasn't updated for a few days, not because I forgot about it, but because Rygar received his first modded Lynx and notified me about the cropping problem on some CRT televisions: it can be a problem on some games.

On some CRT's, the frame can go down to ~144x102.

On LCD televisions with scart, the whole 160x102 frame is shown. No problem at all.

This also does NOT happen with VGA, no problem with it.

Due to the nature of the scart signals, there aren't any easy and cheap solutions.

I'll inform each of you by e-mail about the problem to know if you'd prefer a VGA mod or be removed from the list.

I will start ordering supplies to accept the first jobs next week.

Edited by furrtek

Yesterday I have made my first run of Zaku on a big screen.
this is awesome !!!

(bring an extension wire if you have a big TV. otherwise you'll bleed eyes and understand that the Lynx is not in HD :P )

With my TV I can choose differents zoom and ratios, Play in full screen with an image in 16/9 or play with the basic ration of the Lynx that was great!
Until now I used the Wizztronics or Atari devices when I wanted to play on my TV, they were big and they must be connect to the power and the result of the picture was not good.
The Furrtek device is very small in comparison and is completely independent, all they have to do is connect the cable to a TV and play.

Tonight I make a video to show that.

Thanks a lot for the video ! Very curious to see what's happening in the Wizztronic box to have the video "burn out" after 30 minutes.

Also, I'm quite surprised that your LG TV also crops the picture. I tried with a Samsung and a cheap Akira and had the full frame all the time (left, right, top was OK).

I shouldn't have thought all the LCD TVs adjusted the picture that well :/

Absolutely no problem if you want VGA instead, I just have to reprogram the FPGA and make another cable.

Ouragan is a wonderful gift from my friend vince. It is the genius creator of this great cartridge (with the help of zerosquare).

This game is in 3D you must use 3D glasses to play and believe me :
Lynx on TV + Ouragan + motion detection + 3D glasses = migraine and vomiting :P

I joke, this game is just awesome and this cartridge is extraordinary :thumbsup:

The job list wasn't updated for a few days, not because I forgot about it, but because Rygar received his first modded Lynx and notified me about the cropping problem on some CRT televisions: it can be a problem on some games.

On some CRT's, the frame can go down to ~144x102.

On LCD televisions with scart, the whole 160x102 frame is shown. No problem at all.

This also does NOT happen with VGA, no problem with it.

Due to the nature of the scart signals, there aren't any easy and cheap solutions.

I'll inform each of you by e-mail about the problem to know if you'd prefer a VGA mod or be removed from the list.

I will start ordering supplies to accept the first jobs next week.

I want one :)

i do not care about any problems ;)

greetings Walter