IGNORED

Virtual Jaguar 2.1.1 released!

Shamus

The big change this time around is better gamepad support. It has changed from being Jaguar controller focused model to a device focused model, which means that you can attach your gamepads and VJ will remember how you have them configured (even the keyboard).

There are a few other minor things in this release (mostly for developers), we hope you like it! :)

Virtual Jaguar homepage

N.B.: Mac version will be coming soon. :P Also note that the Windows build is now 64-bit; if there is enough demand for it, we'll roll up a 32-bit version as well. ;)

• Like 7

emulator does not work.
when you start the emulator window appears and a second later it closes again.

The latest working version of the emulator that runs at me:

VJ20140720

my computer:
intel core i5 -3570 cpu 3.40Ghz;
16 gb memory;
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Windows 7 x64

• Like 1

is there a problem with the gamepad config? when i set the config to my gamepad it defaults back to keyboard although the gamepad is recognized and configured in the menu.

running windows 7 professional 32bit and have no problems with gamepad in any other emulators.

also my laptop is a p305d-s8818 dual core with 2g ram (the games seem to run fine, just cant set a control config for gamepad) although VJ is still slower than PTempest (on tempest 2000 anyway) Hoping to see some major speed ups soon =)

Edited by trueanimus
  • Like 1

@trueanimus: What do you have the 'Maps to:' set for on the keyboard device and your gamepad device? If you don't have those set correctly, it won't work.

@serj: We're working on tracking down the problem. Seems to occur on either the 32-bit or 64-bit builds. :(

Nice to see continued support for VJ. :thumbsup:

About the emulator closing itseld: I have the same problem with 2.1.0 from time to time using Win 7, X64. Another thing i've noticed is that if i have X-Split (streaming/recording software) running it refuse to run at all.

Off to play some homebrews!

• Like 1

Hello, it's greatxerox from http://www.emu-france.com/ , i have the same problem. When i launch virtualjaguar-2.1.1-win32 or virtualjaguar-2.1.1-win64, twice just closed after execution ! there is absolutely nothing in the event viewer.

my specs : http://forum.hardware.fr/configuration.php?config=hardwarefr.inc&pseudo=greatxerox

Built and working great in Kubuntu Linux 32 and 64-bit. Thank you so much for your continued work on VirtualJaguar Shamus.

Something I stumbled upon, while trying to find the keyboard toggle for fullscreen. Also something I can't seem to find a reference to in the documentation, is pressing f11 on my keyboard, after starting Downfall, seems to slow down emulation slightly. I have checked configuration before and after hitting f11, and it doesn't seem to be changing anything in there. It also doesn't seem to be an on/off switch for something, as pressing it again seems to have no effect after it is pressed once. Can anyone else replicate this?

Could just be some global option on my system too...

• Like 1

Well, the 32-bit realm has spoken, and it's not ready to be buried just yet. ;)

2.1.2 version is up now. :) There was also a problem with non-English locales causing VJ to crash; this should be fixed now.

Edited by Shamus
  • Like 2