IGNORED

Choplifter! - A Perfect Game

Trebor

Was there no jet fighter?

There was no jet fighter. My experience has been that avoiding Aerial Mines, instead of destroying them, as well as a 'quick' (very close to the building) pickup of hostages greatly decreases the chances of a jet fighter appearing. No guarantees though have been discovered (at least not by me) - it may still appear (Therefore, the typical correlation does not (necessarily) imply causation applies). Tank behavior too is not always easy to determine as to how quickly or slowly it/they may appear on the screen and what spot(s)/condition(s) trigger it.

Really wish we had the source code for this one to better understand the various game triggers (as well as hopefully for someone to make it better). Although KevinMos3 did a great job hacking the graphics already, would love to see 'truer to the arcade' challenge/gameplay (I.E. Ground to Air Missile/Bullet attacks) and of course more levels. The exclusion of score keeping besides numbers related to hostage condition is sorely missed as well.

EDIT: Atarifever realized a more foolproof method of preventing the jet from appearing. For those who don't wish to click the link: "Trick is to stay on the side of the bunkers closest to your Post Office."

Edited by Trebor
  • Like 1

OK A choplifter hack where:

Incompatibility bug gets fixed

AND it has a menu

"Blitz (crazy advanced, the hostages do not leave the bunkers in the correct direction randomly...maybe +2 bases, +1 life for each 2 perfect base saves)

War Zone (advanced, more enemies, OR the enemies show up earlier, air mine and jet after first base...maybe +2 bases, +1 life for each 1 perfect base saves)

Rescue (regular)

Training (aka Teddy bear the chopper can take three hits before crashing OR the hostages can get closer to base...or 1/2 the enemies or something... or enemy appearance is bumped back by two (mine shows up only after passing final bunker, jet after passing 2nd... something)"

Is there released source?

(some of this isn't possible I know...but it's fun to dream...)

Edited by FireTiger

The SMS version is so much better.

No doubt, as it is based upon the Arcade re-make by...Sega ;) (As is the NES version).

The 7800 version is based upon the original (Apple II/Broderbund-Dan Gorlin) computer version.

Hate to state unlikely to happen, nonetheless, a "Choplifter! - Arcade Edition" would be a welcomed re-make for the 7800.