IGNORED

Super Mario World for Colecovision

retroillucid

This is a complete waste of time. A horrible idea. Just grab an SNES and a cart or emulate it.

I don't think I would call porting it a waste of time. Publishing it CIB might be a waste. If someone were to tackle this game it would be more about learning new programing skills and pushing the Colecovision to its limits.

If the port worked well they could always replace the graphics to create a more original platformer.

• Like 1

I too don't see much of a point in doing Super Mario Bros. on the ColecoVision, but this little known entry in the series I think would be stellar on the ColecoVision: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Bros._Special . Considering the quality Mario Bros. homebrew, I would think half the work is already done.

• Like 1

I too don't see much of a point in doing Super Mario Bros. on the ColecoVision, but this little known entry in the series I think would be stellar on the ColecoVision: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Bros._Special . Considering the quality Mario Bros. homebrew, I would think half the work is already done.

Has anybody ever ported that to FAM/NES? Would make more sense there.

• 6 months later...

I admit to not reading the entire thread, so don't slay me if this was brought up already :P. While i would be first to buy a "mario like" colecovision game, All you need to do is search the PRINCESS RESCUE thread to see how an AWSOME game or idea can be smushed. Make it a totally unMario character, and change the music. Just my 2 cents. Look forward to see if it pans out. I just got into the colecovision myself and love it.