IGNORED

What 2600 games are you playing right now?

24Fanatic365

Beamrider is all I've been playing lately. It's got to be my favorite, although Dragonfire and Mario Bros. give it a good run for its money. You just can't beat Beamrider. I've yet to be able to get past sector 17, and I usually die around 10 or 11, sadly...I don't really pay attention to the points, I just try to get as far as I can.

• Like 1

Princess Rescue and Crossbow today. I never have been able to get past level 4-4 and beat Princess Rescue, but it's such an amazingly good game that I keep going back to try again and again. Crossbow is a lot of fun too and has some pretty impressive visuals to backup the gameplay.

I am kicking myself two years later for not getting Princess Rescue. I had a hunch there was going to be a cease and desist order from Nintendo for the release of it. I totally regret it. It looks like such a fun game.

I am kicking myself two years later for not getting Princess Rescue. I had a hunch there was going to be a cease and desist order from Nintendo for the release of it. I totally regret it. It looks like such a fun game.

I almost feel a little weird about saying that one of my favorite games on the 2600 is a game that's very reminiscent of the Nintendo game that unseated Atari from their throne as the North American console king back in 80's, but I'd be lying if I said Princess Rescue isn't one of the best games I've ever played on the Atari 2600. Even if you don't own a original production cart of it you can always buy a Harmony cart to play it with. I know the aesthetic aspect isn't quite the same, but it's still well worth playing any way you can. There may also be certain reproduction producers out there willing to make you a reproduction copy, but I would recommend asking the original game designer's permission first if you choose to explore that route.

Anyway, today I have been playing Millipede. Lots and lots of Millipede. So much Millipede that I actually injured some tendons in my right wrist by playing too long and too hard with my Wico Command Control Trackball. I am currently writing this post using speech to text software, because typing is completely out of the question right now.

• Like 1

This morning I played a few games of Space Invaders over breakfast. My wrist is still pretty screwed up from yesterday though, so I ended up having to play with Sega Genesis controller instead of my usual Wico Command Control bat style joystick. It didn't feel as arcade-authentic as using a proper joystick, but I still had fun playing. :)

I almost feel a little weird about saying that one of my favorite games on the 2600 is a game that's very reminiscent of the Nintendo game that unseated Atari from their throne as the North American console king back in 80's, but I'd be lying if I said Princess Rescue isn't one of the best games I've ever played on the Atari 2600. Even if you don't own a original production cart of it you can always buy a Harmony cart to play it with. I know the aesthetic aspect isn't quite the same, but it's still well worth playing any way you can. There may also be certain reproduction producers out there willing to make you a reproduction copy, but I would recommend asking the original game designer's permission first if you choose to explore that route.

Anyway, today I have been playing Millipede. Lots and lots of Millipede. So much Millipede that I actually injured some tendons in my right wrist by playing too long and too hard with my Wico Command Control Trackball. I am currently writing this post using speech to text software, because typing is completely out of the question right now.

I played a lot of Decathlon earlier today. Let me tell you... If I get carpal tunnel this game will be to blame. Now that is one game that hurts your wrists. I fear playing this on my 5200 as well, cause I think it will break the analog stick off :lol:

• Like 1

I played a fair bit of Secret Quest today. It's actually one of the few 2600 games in the house that belongs to the misses (she heard it was like The Legend of Zelda in space, and being a big Zelda fan she bought a CIB copy) but I thought today I'd try it for myself. Turns out the description was fairly spot on!

It is pretty much the dungeons from the original Legend of Zelda, set in space and with a more arcade style gameplay. It was a heck of a lot of fun to play, and the pause menu using the Color/B&W switch as well as the password save system was pretty unique to see on the 2600. I may have to borrow this game for a while. :D

• Like 1