IGNORED

What 2600 games are you playing right now?

24Fanatic365

After finally getting a copy of H.E.R.O. yesterday, the misses and I spent a good couple hours taking turns playing it and continually trying to top each other's high scores today. We definitely get why so many people consider this to be one of the best games on the 2600! It was an absolute blast to play and very hard to put down. It was one of those games that kept us both saying "Just one more game!" to see if we could make it one level further into it.

And oh, in case you're curious, the misses is currently in the lead with a high score of 74,335 on Level 13. At this point I'm still stuck on Level 12, with my highest score being 68,890. Guess I'll just have to try again tomorrow! :lol:

Edited by Jin

Q*Bert hasn't left the slot on my main 4-switch woodgrain 2600 in weeks. Love the sounds in that game as well as the gameplay.

Also really love Carnival, Demons to Diamonds, Haunted House, Chase the Chuckwagon, Video Olympics,Solaris,etc...

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

Considering I still, many decades later, cannot seem to get a sub-6.0 second time in Dragster for the current Activision Patch Summer Challenge, I bagged on that and played Space Rocks and then went to an all-time arcade classic, Gyruss. Man, that game still holds up! It desperately cries out for a homebrew with enhanced graphics and sound effects using the DPC/DPC+ type kernels in use these days, but even so, the gameplay just can't be beat.

Considering I still, many decades later, cannot seem to get a sub-6.0 second time in Dragster for the current Activision Patch Summer Challenge, I bagged on that and played Space Rocks and then went to an all-time arcade classic, Gyruss. Man, that game still holds up! It desperately cries out for a homebrew with enhanced graphics and sound effects using the DPC/DPC+ type kernels in use these days, but even so, the gameplay just can't be beat.

Yeah, I've yet to accomplish a successful launch in Dragster without blowing up the car. Guess I don't grasp the play mechanics AT ALL! Lol! I really enjoy playing both Space Rocks & Gyruss, though, and I completely agree a homebrew Gyruss is definitely in order!

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Pac-Man Arcade Enhanced is a fairly amazing version for the 2600. I accidentally started on the purple flower alien fruit stage, as I didn't hit reset after I died on the first play, and got 51,090 points. I only got like 41,000 on my first game, so it seems like the later stages let you rack up points a lot faster than the earlier ones do. 69b3473c9434daeca134b37d8b323edf.jpg

And then a slight score improvement at 76,420.

8712f3e60716b22b0fec2deb7c2f3021.jpg

Edited by 24Fanatic365

Enduro

I always enjoy watching how Enduro players handle days 7 and on. You had a number of great diagonal sneaks through cars on day 7 fog scenes. But then it all fell apart in Day 8 of course. :)

I played some 2600 and 7800 homebrews last night. On the 2600 side, played Juno First, Climber 5, and Adventure Plus.

Yeah, I've yet to accomplish a successful launch in Dragster without blowing up the car. Guess I don't grasp the play mechanics AT ALL! Lol! I really enjoy playing both Space Rocks & Gyruss, though, and I completely agree a homebrew Gyruss is definitely in order!

If you find yourself in 4th gear too early try hitting left on the stick for just a moment. It will rev up your rpm's and give you a little boost when you drop back down into 4th. not a surefire way to get under 6 but it helps.