IGNORED

What 2600 games are you playing right now?

24Fanatic365

I just got some new paddles from atgames, so I've spent a lot of time with Breakout, Super Breakout, and Circus Atari. Does anyone else prefer original Breakout to Super Breakout? I think the variations in the first one are more fun and different.

I put some time into Mountain King recently, though I still can't really figure it out. Crystal Castles pretty much always gets warmed up every time I have a play session.

Spider Fighter and Entombed. Just picked up both carts at our local Game Over Videogames store.

They running specials this weekend...BUY 2 GET 1 FREE in store on all used games and accessories from July 3-5. :)

May have to take a run out to Game Over tomorrow!! The nearest one for me is in Arlington. Great place as well!

Chopper Command, Gorf, Pac-Man (Yes, that Pac-man), Pole Position, and Vanguard.

I actually love THAT Pac-man. I find it challenging and very enjoyable to play. It usually gets a spin just about any time I fire up the Atari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May have to take a run out to Game Over tomorrow!! The nearest one for me is in Arlington. Great place as well!

That Arlington store is pretty cool. I especially liked the back room that's like a mini museum showing the history of home consoles. Alas, I am in Charlotte, NC now, and it would be a bit of a commute to go peruse their stock! Lol! Thank goodness for my Harmony cart!

That Arlington store is pretty cool. I especially liked the back room that's like a mini museum showing the history of home consoles. Alas, I am in Charlotte, NC now, and it would be a bit of a commute to go peruse their stock! Lol! Thank goodness for my Harmony cart!

Huh, our Houston (Central location) store also has a mini museum. Maybe all of their locations have one? That's one of my favorite things about the store too.

I actually love THAT Pac-man. I find it challenging and very enjoyable to play. It usually gets a spin just about any time I fire up the Atari.

Yeah, the 2600 port of Pac-man always seems to make it's way into the cartridge slot of my atari jr. I personally like this version of Pac-man. Sure it's a cruddy port compared to the arcade version, but I still think it's not a bad game.

• Like 1

I just fixed my Gemini a couple days ago, and put it through its paces (hey, I had to make sure the power and controller jacks would stay put with prolonged use! :-D ) with a few dozen games. A bit of Pitfall II, Fishing Derby, Golf, Spider Fighter, Miner 2049er, Millipede, Donkey Kong, Zaxxon, Fast Eddie, Alien, Fantastic Voyage, Survival Run, Seaquest, Dolphin, Fathom, Airlock, Bermuda Triangle, Harbor Escape (lots of undersea/aquatic-themed games, I noticed...must be summer), among others.

Still on my trackball game kick with Millipede, but I did mix things up a bit by playing half an hour or so of Gorf and then playing through Sentinel once earlier tonight. Sentinel is just one of those great games that you can plug in, get your light gun shooting fix, and usually beat the game in 20 minutes or so. I really love games with actual endings that don't take too long to beat. :)

• Like 1

post-9143-0-06419900-1436117954_thumb.jpg

This game is extremely simplistic when compared to every other port I have ever seen. Only two levels, the bad guys on the girder level don't even use the ladders to go up and down. But....this son of a bitch is a damn good challenge! I was one of the fortunate 12 year olds that got a Colecovision for Christmas back in 1982. The Colecovision port was eye candy for it's day and that port alone sold the Colecovision as far as I am concerned. However, once you got passed the elevator level a couple of times that was essentually it. Donkey Kong on the Clecovision was for good on the eyes but the difficulty level never ramped up like the 2600 version does. If you don't believe me break 100,000 points and watch what happens. Whoever wrote the code for the AI on the girder screen did a heck of a good job. If you can get passed the simplicity of this port the game itself is a real challenge.

• Like 1

Just tried Fast Eddie for the first time last night, and it is a very addicting and fun game. Astroblaster is pretty fun, but makes my thumb tired trying to kill all the rocks on the screen. Every time I die cracks me up, though. The spaceship (?) explosion is pretty spectacular! Makes me laugh almost as hard as the poor clown on Circus Atari when he kicks his feet after hitting the ground! Lol!

• Like 1

If you want to see a perfect example of Shovelware, fire up Springer. Atari's Pac-Man & E.T. have nothing to compare to the sheer awfulness of this game. AND it actually came out in '82, making it a prime candidate for plausible scapegoat for causing the crash! Lol!

• Like 1