IGNORED

Pumpkin Spice... Patrol?

intvnut

Background: My friend Liz and I drove down to Houston last weekend. I couldn't work on any of my usual projects. But, with 4 - 5 hours in the car (and a trip to a Starbucks that had a huge Pumpkin Spice Latte sign), I suddenly had a muse. And I had my MacBook Pro with me. So, a handful of hours later, SP is SPiced up!

Now back to finishing up LTO Flash!.....

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 3

after mashing all the buttons for a while i can get it to bring up the level select screen but cant do anything? Is this normal?

edit: found out i need two controllers connected to jzintvwii to work. Weird??

I didn't change any of the controls as compared to Space Patrol. I don't know offhand if jzIntvWii has game-specific controller remapping. I didn't do jzIntvWii.

Space patrol works with one controller attached. This one requires two. No biggie. Some games are like that. Now i need to get jenergy to update this for the ecs.

Well, like I said, I made absolutely no control changes in this version. If jzIntvWii has game-specific mappings, then it may not be picking them up. You'll have to get ahold of jenergy for that. Like I said, I didn't do the jzIntvWii port. I have a Wii, but because I've never hacked it, I have never tried jzIntvWii.

In the meantime, I guess you could experiment with renaming spicepat.* to spacepat.* and see if that improves things.

Well, like I said, I made absolutely no control changes in this version. If jzIntvWii has game-specific mappings, then it may not be picking them up. You'll have to get ahold of jenergy for that. Like I said, I didn't do the jzIntvWii port. I have a Wii, but because I've never hacked it, I have never tried jzIntvWii.

In the meantime, I guess you could experiment with renaming spicepat.* to spacepat.* and see if that improves things.

Names dont really matter. I have them all named all proper and stuff. Im just gonna give him the info so he can add ecs support to this one as there is no ecs switch or intellivoice switch in jzintvwii. Like i said , several mattel games require two controllers so no big deal to me.

Names dont really matter. I have them all named all proper and stuff. Im just gonna give him the info so he can add ecs support to this one as there is no ecs switch or intellivoice switch in jzintvwii. Like i said , several mattel games require two controllers so no big deal to me.

What I was suggesting is that if jzIntvWii is adding controller mapping info and ECS info based on filenames, it'll add the controller mapping information for Space Patrol if you rename the file to spacepat.bin or spteaser.bin. If it's adding controller mapping info based on checksum, then all you can do is wait for jenergy to update jzIntvWii.

I don't happen to know offhand how jzIntvWii does the mapping.

What I was suggesting is that if jzIntvWii is adding controller mapping info and ECS info based on filenames, it'll add the controller mapping information for Space Patrol if you rename the file to spacepat.bin or spteaser.bin. If it's adding controller mapping info based on checksum, then all you can do is wait for jenergy to update jzIntvWii.

I don't happen to know offhand how jzIntvWii does the mapping.

As far as i know its all based on checksum. Which is also what i need for ecs support. I will have to get the info i need for a couple games and contact him. He has been great with all the crc info i have had to give him for intellivoice and ecs support.

pumpkin-spice.jpg

So we've entered the season of pumpkin spice... well... everything. So I bring you the Pumpkin Spice Patrol!

This is true about Pumpkin Spice. My wife got Pumpkin eggnog I still need to try out.

But speaking of trying out, will be cool to try this out. Thanks IntvNut!

When I unzipped it I had a CFG and a BIN file but no Rom file. Renamed the BIN to ROM but CC3 did not recognize it. The CC3 once again eludes me :?

BIN format is different from ROM format. BIN+CFG has a raw binary file, plus a separate CFG file that describes the ROM layout. ROM format bakes most of that information into the file format itself. I thought the CC3 Menu understood both; however, you need to leave the file named "spicepat.bin" in that case. If you're building your CC3 menu manually or trying to download via serial, that's a different story.

Attached is the same ZIP file with two additional files:

• spicepat.rom This is the Intellicart ROM format. It's also the format the CC3 expects on the SD card.
  • spicepat.cc3 This is nearly identical to spicepat.rom, except it's the format the CC3 expects if you're downloading over serial in "Developer Mode."

I strongly suspect you want the 'spicepat.rom' file in this .zip, but both variants are included, just in case. The two differ only in the first byte (0xA8 for the Intellicart ROM, and 0x41 for the CC3 ROM.)

BTW, the tools required to convert between all these formats are included with jzIntv (bin2rom, rom2bin, etc). They are command-line tools, though.

spicepat.zip

• 2 years later...