IGNORED

SkunkBoard SillyVenture Edition how to BUY.

willyvmm

So like if you want to flash AvP Rom how long it takes you to be playing the game? For me 10 minutes.

Trying to figure out skunkboard command prompt was not that easy. But there is graphical user interface which helps a lot.

skunkboards are known to be a little iffy in this regard. OMF's advice is spot on. Go buy yourself a cheapo unpowered USB hub from eBay, should be a couple of dollars at the most. Something like this:

Saitek-UFO-USB-4-Port-Hub.jpg

What these things actually do is anyone's guess, what they can be seen to do is improve terrible transfer rates of 3 to 7k per second to something more like 150k to 220k+ per second.

When I build and flash a 4mb rB+ ROM, it takes about 18 seconds to erase and another 20+ to flash - it's all done with and running in around a minute.

• Like 1

Yeah I ended up getting a 35 ft USB extension cable that reads as a USB hub. reaches from my desktop to the TV in the other room so two birds one stone...

Careful with those, they're called USB Repeaters. I picked one up years ago when my Skunk was only working at 7k/sec and while it did detect as a hub, it didn't speed the transfers up.

Probably just as hit and miss as hubs, best plan seems to be just spend as little as possible and cross fingers.

Exactly, I have five different hubs laying about in addition to the repeater. two hubs and the repeater work great. the other three hubs do squat.

Exactly, I have five different hubs laying about in addition to the repeater. two hubs and the repeater work great. the other three hubs do squat.

Could you be more specific about which brands of hubs/repeaters solved the problem? That would probably be helpful.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to repeat this request for the specifics of which hubs work and which don't. :)

I can tell you that I have a hub with the brand name of 'Cyber Power' that works/

post-149-0-12855300-1446646695_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i found in 2014 a rev3 skunboard(boxed),but payed a lot for it.

think it was around 400 euro,but wanted to own such device,because krikzz also wont make a jag everdrive,userbase maybe to low and not many games.

so decided to buy,even if the price was that high,and i like it.

Krikzz won't make anything for any Atari.

It's too bad AtariMax hasn't made an SD Cart Adapter for the Jag.