IGNORED

TL866CS MiniPro Eprommer

atrax27407

• 2 months later...

I am trying to copy the Hitachi H*/330 HD6473308BCP10 microprocessor on my Minipro TL866cs. It reads the chips I want to copy and displays the contents. I can't seem to get it to "Program" this copied data onto a blank chip. The Minipro reads my chip as a Hitachi HN27C256AFP @ SOP28. I do have the proper adapter for my chip. It worked before with another engineer who is no longer available HELP!

• 2 months later...

Something came to my attention from another part of Atari Age, and while I'll probably never have need or want of the ICSP port, some of you might be interested in this mod to turn the TL866CS into an TL866A. Has anyone here in the TI group performed << THIS >>?

No—but, I paid the extra $5 (at the time) for the A version, just to have it.

...lee

Hi,

I am out for a second Eprommer, and already have the TL886CS.

So, is the TL886A the better choice (not only regarding the TI) ?

Or is this a problem on the A-model , with "turning off the chip ID" ?

(or is it a limitation to the CS-model ?)

xXx

I have a TL866A that I've used for the Vectrex, is there a TI design that uses Eproms I can use to burn an editor/assembler cart? Everything I read about is Groms, which seem an odd beast.

If you have a TL866A you'll be able to make your own Editor/Assembler cartridge... as part of an Extended BASIC 2.7 Suite cartridge.

First you'll need to obtain an UberGROM (blue) cartridge board when one becomes available, you'll need an Atmel 1284P chip to house that specific code and since the programming package I'm talking about has a ton of other support programs, you'll also need a 49F040 to house all the ROMs contained in the image.

You can obtain more in-depth information << HERE >> as there are multiple reference downloads... be sure to download the document on the MiniPRO written by Gazoo!

You'll probably want to check out Tursi's thread << HERE >> as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something came to my attention from another part of Atari Age, and while I'll probably never have need or want of the ICSP port, some of you might be interested in this mod to turn the TL866CS into an TL866A. Has anyone here in the TI group performed << THIS >>?

I just did the switch from CS to A (and updated the burner software to 3.50 while I was at it).

Looks like it does what it says -- unlocks the in-circuit programming port to handle normally-programmed in-circuit devices. For TI purposes, it turns the unit into an Atmel SPI programmer; kinda worthless if you're already programming the Atmel via non-CS methods, but useful for those on a budget.

(3.50 does *not* add 2532 programming support, dammit :( )

• Like 1

You can program TMS2532s on the TL866CS. You have to put together a home-brew adapter. Get two 24-pin sockets and bend out pins 21, 20, and 18 on the one you will be using for the top socket. Piggyback the two sockets.

Top socket pin 21 (Vpp) connected to bottom socket pin 20.

Top socket pin 20 (-CE) connected to bottom socket 18

Top socket pin 18 (A11) connected to bottom socket pin 21

Add a ZIF socket on top of the adapter if you wish..

Select TI TMS2732A from the menu and program your chip. It works fine even though the voltage is 21V instead of 25V . I haven't had one to fail yet!!!

• Like 2