IGNORED

MIND BLOWING LYNX COLLECTION!

Stevaside

I've heard of "game rooms", but don't think I've ever seen a room specific to one console....& The Lynx would be one of the last I would think would have a whole room devoted to it! I don't think you could consider that a collection, it's more like a Lynx Shrine! hahaha Seriously incredible tho, the Lynx collectibles & promo displays are just epic...&BTW what's the deal with the multicolored units?? Those are just custom done, right? & did I see a Marlboro Go edition Red Lynx?? WTF?! lol...Forgive me if these sound like stupid questions, I'm still very new to the system..As if it wasnt weird enough that a cigarette company was somehow involved in an Atari game lol

It's rygar's collection. He is a well known, highly regarded member and frequent contributor to AtariAge and the Lynx community in many ways.

Cool..I was sure it was someone well known on here....I almost thought I was dreaming at one point when I saw that vid last night right before bed haha...Absolutely amazing!...& here I was envying a couple of the complete game collections on YT & then I stumble upon this! :grin: lol

Edited by Stevaside

Hey, if you're going to collect something to the max, why not Lynx? :D

Haha...I agree...the thought of some time in the future trying to go for a complete set of Lynx games is something I'm finding myself contemplating more & more it seems lately. I just about finished up a full 7800 NTSC set aside from 3 games recently, and the Lynx wound up becoming the next chapter in my classic game collecting ;-) ...Much like the 7800, the smaller library of games make it a much more reasonable goal.....I can't believe how many NIB games I found for dirt cheap already, makes me really regret not getting started sooner.

Although super awesome, there are some items in this collection that are custom/home made :) Just something to keep in mind if you decide to hunt for some of the more unusual pieces in this collection.

I figured some of it had to have been....nevertheless it really inspired me to look into some of the merchandise, ads & posters that were avaliable as well as increase my already high levels of enthusiasm for Lynx collecting :)

Lynx arranged in columns that you see between 0.13 and 0.25 are are homemade. I have many many broken lynx and as I did not feel like jetties sometimes I paint :)

Also painted but not by me, the two Marlboro red Lynx and the gold lynx I.

The only real Lynx in color (unpainted but with a colorful plastic) is the blue lynx that we see at 2.59. This is a prototype "lynx lemmings" when Atari wanted made a pack for the release of the game Lemmings.

• Like 1

How did you create those metal holders that hold several cartridges and hold up a lynx unit? I've seen these in some of your videos and they look really cool! Wouldn't mind having one myself :)

I have made with a laser cutting machine at the time and I was working in a factory.

Now I no longer have access to this machines, but I can give you the outline drawing in DXF or DWG made with Autocad.

In response to Serblander the big kiosk are officiel yes.

Edited by rygar

In response to Serblander the big kiosk are officiel yes.

WOW! Congrats!! I have never seen any before (in real life or on the net)! :)

I have an original SEGA Dreamcast Kiosk and an original XBOX Kiosk but still no Atari ones :( (would LOVE to source a Jaguar one!!!) I haven't seen many old handheld unit kiosks before, save for a Nintendo GameBoy. Can i ask where you got it from? Usually in Australia they are/were used in department stores (as well as dedicated game stores of course). Sooo hard to track down these days...

Rygar, I've always been curious, does your interest also extend to Jaguar? Or indeed other chunky retro handhelds such as Game Gear or Nomad?

As you can see my collection takes up a lot of space and as you can imagine it takes a lot of my time and a lot of my money.

I would never have the courage, the time and the money for starting another collection. I prefer to put all my resources into my Lynx.