IGNORED

Modifying Score Display?

Cybearg

1 hour ago, Lillapojkenpåön said:

I just remembered that I tried to add the extra letters in a dpc+ project a couple years ago, but the score graphics ends up in bank 1, that only has a couple bytes free, so I could only fit one letter ? maybe it has shrunk by now but I don't think so.

I haven't looked at this in six years, but the way you described the problem makes me think you didn't replace the "DPCplus_kernel.asm" file with the one in my zip file, or maybe you didn't use the switches. Doing so you should be able to use the extra digits without any space penalties. I carved a lot of bytes out of the DPC+ kernel and that is the one in the zip file.

• Like 1

Nope, I tried to do it like it's done in the standard kernel, but with reveng's latest bugfixed dpc+ distribution, if I would need to do it now I would try to put a gosub to another bank in bB

vblank

gosub _vblank bank5

and comment the vblank assembly in the kernel and put it in bank5 as inline assembly to get all the letters to fit in bank 1, but maybe there's more that needs to be done?

Edited by Lillapojkenpåön

2 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

From your response I'm still not sure if you are swapping files or not, but basically you do need to replace both "DPCplus_kernel.asm" and "score_graphics.asm" with the versions that I put in post 96 otherwise it won't work. The instructions for usage are in post 96 as well as post 97.

I don't know about Lillapojkenpåön, but I did that and A through F were displayed in the score (using bB.1.1d.reveng41), but since I couldn't edit the extra characters using VbB, I put the old files back and now I'm just editing 0 through 9. I'll use 0 as a blank space, 1 as a B, 3 as a G, 4 as a C, and so on. I'll have enough characters to make BG CLR, FG CLR, and SLOW.

Edited by Random Terrain

• 10 months later...

Please excuse my noob question, but I could find no documentation that says if score is write only or read and write. I'm using only the standard kernel in bataribasic and it appears not to be able to be read.

Also, is there only one score for one player by default?

Edited by freshbrood

1 hour ago, freshbrood said:

Please excuse my noob question, but I could find no documentation that says if score is write only or read and write. I'm using only the standard kernel in bataribasic and it appears not to be able to be read.

Also, is there only one score for one player by default?

Are you talking about this or something else?

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#check_score

• Like 1