IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Even with massive bankswitching to handle monster sized memory, is it even practical to have really huge game? How long would it take to flip one "page" via bankswitching to reach data that's about 2Mb away from the start? A few second of blank video? From what I understand of 2600 bankswitching, it advances only, doesn't go backward so if you needed some new data from 2 or 3 pages backward, you'd need to flip through almost entire 4MB to reach the desired page. Keeping track of which page while retaining game variable would quickly run through the tiny 128 byte RAM (yes, bytes, not Kb or anything) so added RAM would be required just to keep track of page #

The time required to go from bank 0 to bank 1, or from bank 0 to bank 63, is exactly the same on pretty much any bankswitched board.

EDIT: Note, I only picked 63 as the upper limit for the example, because the new SuperCart for the 2600 can handle 64 banks. ;)

The time required to go from bank 0 to bank 1, or from bank 0 to bank 63, is exactly the same on pretty much any bankswitched board.

EDIT: Note, I only picked 63 as the upper limit for the example, because the new SuperCart for the 2600 can handle 64 banks. ;)

64 banks. So only 256 kbytes instead of the full 512?

Why re-invent the wheel? Get with Chad of the Cuttle Cart 2 and see if he will let you make reproductions of a product that worked great. Or even expound on this.

I am with Stardust4Ever... I am MASSIVELY disappointed that the Harmony Cart 2, said to be on the nips of release about five years ago, has not happened. People talked about it so much that I thought it was was released.

Get it together people. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. Don't re-invent the wheel.

I am MASSIVELY disappointed that the Harmony Cart 2, said to be on the nips of release about five years ago, has not happened. People talked about it so much that I thought it was was released.

Get it together people. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. Don't re-invent the wheel.

People bitching about a product they paid for is one thing, but your statement is ridiculously rude and un-informed. You obviously have no clue what goes into developing such a product.

Lame. :thumbsdown:

• Like 12

Here's what COULD have gone down. batari could have released an H2 several years ago that basically just played standard 7800 and 2600 games. Nothing more. Yes most of us would have bought it right away. Fast forward to 2014 (when batari hoped to have it ready before hardware failed on him), and a Concerto could have be readied that played the games plus XM-level homebrew, plus had a Pokey/Hokey, plus kept high scores, or whatever else the eventual Concerto may do. Meaning a double-dipping in a sense, which I don't think batari was ever happy about doing. So yes, I would have loved to have had it years ago, months ago, yesterday! But if he truly can do the add-ons we've had whispers of, I will be quite happy despite the wait.

Why re-invent the wheel? Get with Chad of the Cuttle Cart 2 and see if he will let you make reproductions of a product that worked great. Or even expound on this.

I am with Stardust4Ever... I am MASSIVELY disappointed that the Harmony Cart 2, said to be on the nips of release about five years ago, has not happened. People talked about it so much that I thought it was was released.

doctorclu-less.

doctorclu-less.

Yeah all these comments about complaining about products that no one paid for are uncalled for. Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.

He owes you sweet F all.

I think we went thru all this drama part in the h2 thread. Seems the record is skipping again.

No, you're not. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I merely spouted off some suggestions that made little sense because I was sleep deprived at the time. I am patiently waiting like everyone. If you're happy with the old Harmony, then fine, keep it. I am keeping my old one as well. But there is a genuine need of a flash multicart for 7800, which this product happens to do in addition to playing 2600 games, so me as well as others are excited for it.

No need to get your panties in a bunch if it doesn't come on time. Besides the developers, nobody's sunk money into this yet, unlike a certain addon which will remain nameless.

• Like 1

People bitching about a product they paid for is one thing, but your statement is ridiculously rude and un-informed. You obviously have no clue what goes into developing such a product.

Lame. :thumbsdown:

I express my disappointment, and based on the "skipping record" comment I am not the only one disappointed. But I talked about a product / idea I did not mention a particular person, and I was talking about a product. I didn't say the developers were stupid or attack their persons.

And what is this? "Doctorclu-less" (to quote 78001987), and talking about me in the third person? Attacking me as a person?

Now THAT is lame.

Edited by doctorclu

I've been using and enjoying my CC2 for about ten years now (has it been that long?) and I am looking forward the Harmony 2 (or whatever it ends up being called).

I express my disappointment, and based on the "skipping record" comment I am not the only one disappointed.

Then feel free to start the "Entitled Members Who Are Disappointed that Hobbyist Projects Haven't Come to Fruition" club.

• Like 2

I express my disappointment, and based on the "skipping record" comment I am not the only one disappointed. But I talked about a product / idea I did not mention a particular person, and I was talking about a product. I didn't say the developers were stupid or attack their persons.

And what is this? "Doctorclu-less" (to quote 78001987), and talking about me in the third person? Attacking me as a person?

Now THAT is lame.

I made a joke, a play on words with your username, which I derived from your tone-deaf opinion of this project's progress. It might be a good idea if you're going to come here to complain about things, you also come here with an ounce of perspective or sense of humor. I wasn't trying to attack you. Just making a joking reference. My apologies if you took serious offense.

As CPUWIZ already stated, no one has paid any money for this project except Batari himself, from his own pocket. So it is a labor of love, being done at Batari's pace and personal cost. You can be as "massively disappointed" as you like, but it serves no purpose to complain so loudly about your perception of the progress here, other than to annoy and alienate the developers who are working on it FOR FREE in their own personal time.

it's bad enough that Bob (pacmanplus) has already been driven away from this place, twice now, due to harassment, we don't need to drive the creator of the Harmony and Concerto away before this project is completed too.

Edited by 78001987

You are the exact kind of person, why Bob is not around. :|

I like the idea from the other thread, put all the whining bitches at the end of the order list or ban them from purchasing all together.

• Like 5

You are the exact kind of person, why Bob is not around. :|

I like the idea from the other thread, put all the whining bitches at the end of the order list or ban them from purchasing all together.

Wow, I hope that's some in-joke thing, otherwise it doesn't get much more inappropriate as far as moderator posts go.

• Like 1

Wow, I hope that's some in-joke thing, otherwise it doesn't get much more inappropriate as far as moderator posts go.

Calling out the whiny bitches for what they are and suggesting a means of dealing with them has less negative effect on this community than the whiny bitches who are potentially driving away the homebrewers and hardware developers so I don't see the problem.

• Like 2